Embers Houdini Attempt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  14:00:28  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I'm sat in bed last night watching telly, fully aware that Ember's out and about and hungry (as it's feeding day tomorrow and I put her through a fast last week) when I hear a kind of plastic rustling. I know she's curled up around the light guard which she likes to do, and has her head at the back near the upper corner with the hole for the leads where I've placed some cellotape over the rest of the hole just to cover it a bit.

I know what's going on but leave her to it, thinking she won't accomplish it as her head will be too big or she'll just be too fat.

Before I go to sleep I check on her, just in case as I tend to lay there sometimes convincing myself she's going to get out of her tank lol. To my lack of surprise she's only gone and got her head out of the hole, about an inch of her body's hanging out and I shoo her back in and promptly cover it up with a plaster to cut out the light and, hopefully, the temptation.

Sneaky little bleeder lol.

In other news I keep dreaming about snakes, mostly about hatchlings or Ember having some but they always seem to be live young. Strange I know, I can't escape the snakes! lol.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  14:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
might be a better idea to use scrunched up paper or something to plug the gap - tape/plasters and snakes arent generally a good combination!
but really glad you decided to check on her though - who knows where she could have ended up!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  14:08:34  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I may but a bit of cotton in it with tape over it (on the outside) to hold it in? I'm not sure how else to do it really, her head's just small enough to get out lol.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  15:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a hole in my RUB i burnt too large accidentally, I rammed it full of newspaper and taped it on the outside, I folded the paper oover the paper in the gap, if it makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  15:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i used tissue roll, just slightly wet them, then put them in the hole, then they dry and become hard, works for me

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  16:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah both good suggestions, I'll try each of them =] Thanks guys!

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  16:24:22  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like your damp tissue idea Danny. Didn't the moisture soak into the wood though?

I just used one of those sucker pads that came with digital thermometer to plug one of the holes in mine. the other one has the stems of plastic plants pushed through and bent over on the back so they cant fall/be pushed out.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  16:33:12  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For some reason I can't get the suckers to stick to the the tank, it just drops off straight away =[

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  16:49:13  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I didn't sucker it on because they wouldn't stick to my wooden viv so i rolled it up and pushed it in the hole lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  17:28:20  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I didn't sucker it on because they wouldn't stick to my wooden viv so i rolled it up and pushed it in the hole lol

LOL been there done that

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  17:30:13  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah. I may have to do that also lol. I'm going to be cleaning out and sprucing up Embers viv so I may have to add some more plants to utilise that method lol.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000