Snakies outing with my daughter.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  19:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its 2nd outing for Snakie now, i know not very unique name but i let my four year old name him / her.
Snakes had 1st feed last week and seems to be settling in nicely, still quite shy.
Just noticed today eyes are turning a shade blue, tried to capture on photos so will leave him a day or two, due a feed anyway tonight so after 2 days will see how shaping up.

All advice / comments welcome as its a fantastic learning curve for me.

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  20:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love that first pic - your daughter looks so excited!
looks like hes going blue to me - you'll notice that he might become less active and he might refuse his feed when you offer it - thats normal so dont panic,
you'll also notice that he will appear to have shed in a few days time - dont panic if you cant find any shed in his faun or viv, after hes cleared up then he will shed
and then you have to post pics of him looking all shiney and bright!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  20:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the pic of Snakie and your daughter

Look forward to seeing more pics once he has shed

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  20:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I praise you for what your'e doing mate getting your daughter involved at such a young age, shame many people my age hate snakes, and won't come within 300feet of my house! .

He is coming up blue, it's worth a try to feed him but as Hannah said, dont be alarmed if he doesn't feed, mine do feed in shed and handle incredibly well, as snakes are partly blind in this stage, you may find yours does, or doesn't, I'm sure he'd let you know if he doesn't want to be handled.

Hannah has summed up everything i was going to say.

Crack on.
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  20:49:36  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I second that about the age thing, I told my friends Im getting a snake and they about pooped themselves. I think allowing small children contact with a variety of animals is great because otherwise they do fear them, unlike me! :D They are super cute pictures esp. the first one with your daughter I agree with HannahB, she looks ecstatic! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  19:40:00  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Such a cite snake ;3

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

34 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  15:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
reminds me when i was doing that with my little sister only she had been out with the rabbit and i didnt no, oops so she got bit lol, the mother wasnt too pleased like. good story for school tho
Go to Top of Page

IncurableFlirt
Hatchling

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2010 :  18:32:35  Show Profile  Send IncurableFlirt an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those pictures are SO cute. Your daughter is adorable and the snake is beautiful.

Jenn.
8.8 Royal Pythons
1.0 BCI Boa
1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
1.2 Corn Snakes
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2010 :  11:56:51  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love the first pic!
Nice snakie..!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  11:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cute snakie

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

reggie_69
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  12:17:03  Show Profile  Click to see reggie_69's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
snake looks amazing!!
but guys just to comment on hannahb and hillzi, i work at a preschool and after alot of work (and i mean with parents and staff) i managed to have a visit with my two older corn snakes, some kids were really jumpy at first but after getting them into small groups!
quieting them all down i managed to get them out and i had there sheds with me so while i had the snake they could feel the sheds!
the kids loved it!!! and now there the kind of preschool pet! (mascot) everytime i get a new shed i bring them in and show them and once a month i can take ember or sketch in so they can see him/her for the day! they love it!
and im always supervising so no harm or stress is being caused to my snakes (obviously there my babies) lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000