Shedding Times
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  11:13:24  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Just thought I'd put this on here me being a snake nerd.

I was having a good look through both Colins and Xenas records yesterday (yes I have no life) and I dont know bout the rest of you but when they shed I make a note of how long its been since the last shed the skins length and how many meals they have had in between.

I noticed that there is no corelation between the time and meals that is to say even if they have had more meals it doesnt make them shed more often. They both seem to be on a time clock both shedding almost bang on every six weeks regardless.

There was one time when Colin came out of his fast he had a couple of meals and went into shed three weeks early and his skin was exactly the same length as the one before (it was in fact an inch shorter but i dont think they shrink it must have been an error on my part) but apart from that the records read like clockwork. The two of them are so accurate I can virtually predict when they are going to go pale lol.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

n/a
deleted

111 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  11:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow

winston
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  14:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv noticed that with mine..i dont write down the specifics but i can tell you that its been 2weeks since libs, ed and lucien all shed and that they should shed again in just under 3weeks, zero is shedding every 4weeks give or take a day and little aura is currently shedding around every 3 weeks - just starting to get a pattern/routine with her

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  14:33:48  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've noticed it to some extent with mine. Candy tends to shed around every 4-5 weeks and Casper and Reggie every 5-6.

[Hijack] Hannah, how is little aura coming on? [/hijack]

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  15:09:32  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As if to confirm it I got him out today and he has gone pale which to my reconning will be exactly six weeks by the time he sheds.

Weird aint it.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000