New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filardimarg2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  13:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope this isn't a silly question, but i have never had a snake with red eyes before.
When my snow corn sheds, will his eyes go blue???

Marg

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  14:19:00  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nope, they will go a pinky colour but it can be hard to tell.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  17:36:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I actually found that my snow corn was one of the easiest to tell when it was shedding, the eye's used to go very blue/grey.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  18:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine gets very grey eyes, and the skin gets even paler if thats possible. It can be hard to tell though. I thought that mine was going into shed earlier this week cos he went so quiet (and it's been longer than usual since his last shed) so I put a moist hide in for him, but he's been very lively the last couple of days so I fed him as usual today. Whats the betting the little git sheds tonight and makes a fool of me lol

1.0.0 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  18:50:59  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I actually found that my snow corn was one of the easiest to tell when it was shedding, the eye's used to go very blue/grey.

Thats interesting, I somewhat assumed that it would be the same as my Amel, whos eyes go a dull pink. Although i have also read from other members that they have found it difficult to tell with their snows.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  02:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not having a snow or amel I cant comment on the colouring of their eyes or body, but I do notice the feel of the skin of my 2 changes when they are coming up to a shed....it is hard to describe (bad brain fog tonight ), but at a guess I would say that it begins to feel a bit drier. I usually notice this a couple of days before their bellies change colour which is a few days before their eyes turn cloudy and their overall body colour dulls.

Maybe that can be of some help in telling when a snow corn is coming up for a shed....the feel of the skin....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  10:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for the replies & help, i will look out for these things.

Marg
Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  15:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Practice! Nelson's eye doesn't go blue/grey like K's, but looks a little "duskier" pink than normal, esp in the light. He loses his sheen and I can't see the yellow stripes as easily. Most importantly he gets a bit twitchier and jumpy. It's taken me 6 months but I've spotted the last few sheds before they've happend.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  21:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how long does it normally take a snake to shed cuz my corn snake, Tango has been looking very pale for about 4or5 days lol :)

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  22:13:07  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine tend to go dull for about 2-3 days before going blue, they are then blue for 3-4 days then clear up and shed 2-3 days later. But it varies from snake to snake so just because i have noticed this sort of pattern with mine dosn't mean your will be the same.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  11:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okayy thanks :) just making sure that there isn't a problem wiv tango nd how he sheds lol thank youu =]

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000