quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

quote:

quote:

Stop whining Danny, you got 3 reptiles aint that enough??

If I were you, if you wanted a carpet python, I'd get a BRB are they are more stocky than the corns, so you can work your way up.

lol, i already have a snake that will get fat

Really?

Oh the banter is quality.

no, i didn't say that, i sed stocky, not fat

I know mate I'm teasing you.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  14:01:58  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I were you, if you wanted a carpet python, I'd get a BRB are they are more stocky than the corns, so you can work your way up.

Really?

Its true though.

Boas get stocky, royals get fat...

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  14:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

not really, there exactly the same, both get stocky, just ciz u don't like royals

Really?

Its true though.

Boas get stocky, royals get fat...

no they don't, both get stocky, just cuz u don't like royals

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 16/07/2010 14:03:32
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  15:34:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Stop thinking what I think gah.

Kinda hard for me to fit anything else in my room, I already have a viv stack and I had to get rid of t-shirts, under ware and socks for that, and a bedside table. If I din't have my rents junk in my room I reckon I could get another stack in :/

Boa get stocky looking and royal do get rather fat looking when they are older.

quote:
i would quite happily have a matres on the floor to make more room for reps

How would that work? With a bed you could put them under there

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  16:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

Stop thinking what I think gah.

Kinda hard for me to fit anything else in my room, I already have a viv stack and I had to get rid of t-shirts, under ware and socks for that, and a bedside table. If I din't have my rents junk in my room I reckon I could get another stack in :/

Boa get stocky looking and royal do get rather fat looking when they are older.

quote:
i would quite happily have a matres on the floor to make more room for reps

How would that work? With a bed you could put them under there

Aren't beds the same size as matresses anyway? I know theyr'e risen but not much wider than that matresses, so that would be fairly pointless.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  16:19:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Meh i guess some beds are wider than the mattress but yer most are pretty much the same size.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  16:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't get it either, and i was the one that sed it, just seemed smaller to have a matress, although thinking about it, i could put all the fauns under the bed

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  21:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really dont understand how you guys afford it all, especially you youngsters! It is not as though getting and keeping reps is cheap....so I am guessing you either have a great paying part-time job, parents who will give you whatever you want or you are doing something seriously dodgy to pay for your addiction !!

To be the usual wet blanket I will repeat something I have said to you before Danny and Sta~ple said earlier in this thread....do you know where you are going to be and what you are going to be doing in the next few years? I know one forum member who is having to get rid of his reps cos he is going to uni and cant take them with him .... Just something to think about (although I know you are going to totally ignore this and carry on with your 'I want, I want' !!)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  21:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I really dont understand how you guys afford it all, especially you youngsters! It is not as though getting and keeping reps is cheap....so I am guessing you either have a great paying part-time job, parents who will give you whatever you want or you are doing something seriously dodgy to pay for your addiction !!

To be the usual wet blanket I will repeat something I have said to you before Danny and Sta~ple said earlier in this thread....do you know where you are going to be and what you are going to be doing in the next few years? I know one forum member who is having to get rid of his reps cos he is going to uni and cant take them with him .... Just something to think about (although I know you are going to totally ignore this and carry on with your 'I want, I want' !!)

xxx

its not that expesive, £10 a month, if that, and all the money i have is spent on reps

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  21:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

xxx

its not that expesive, £10 a month, if that, and all the money i have is spent on reps

listen to judith..shes right when she says think about where you might be in the next few years

when our collection grew from just mont and lucien to 6corns,2 royals and a king within 6months we (ok so mainly me) didnt think about what might happen in the next few years..as it turns out we ended up moving to london back in march and now the corns are currently living at the end of our bed taking up most of the room we have in our houseshare.. luckily for us my mum is happily looking after the other 3 - think she may want to keep one of them for herself when we move again!! but if it wasnt for her being ok to do so we would have been in a very sticky situation..
i love my reps and dont get me wrong it would be an absolute last resort if i decided to part with any of them (yes even nippy zero!)but looking back i really do wish i had though about the money side of things and the practicalities a bit more.. just feeding these 6 takes up around £60-£70 every 2months..and that doesnt include the substrate which needs replacing and replacing hides ect (luckily we use kitchen towel still and they love plastic tubs as hides!)

i know it sounds like a lecture and its honestly not meant to be but maybe stick with the 2 you have at the moment and be content with them, once you have completed uni or whatever you do and have a place of your own with a decent income maybe then you can turn your batchelor pad into a reptile zoo

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  23:43:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
[lecture]I had the choice of selling my corns if I went to a uni far away, coming back every weekend which may not be ideal or staying at home and going to the uni in my city. My mum would have willingly looked after them but if there had been any health issues she wouldn't have know and it wouldn't have been fair on her. My B/F was really wanting one of my snakes and he's at uni but every accommodation said "no pets" or "small fish tank is ok or 1 hamster/mouse/rat, that's it" so he didn't get one :(

I would talk to your parents though first if they would be fine looking after another rep if you did have to move somewhere else for a few years. The more animals you have, the less time you get to spend with them all.. I know it sounds silly but it's true.[/lecture]

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  23:50:27  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as much as i want a cali king, brb and at least 3 more corns i dooo think hannah and Judith have a point... my rep collection n furrys have decided to grow so i am now the proud owner of however many animals i have in my sig n i love them all...but i recently had to move away for my apprenticship (am now back home), i couldnt take any of pets with me (lol except ma goldfish) as i was living in someone elses house and she didnt like snakies or furrys, luckily thou ma mum cares and understands n looked after ma lil zoo and i am very greatful, she even took care of ma eggs last year but of course i still paid 4 ma animals food etc.

I know its easy to say look im home now, i have a spare faun n rub etc but think about it what are your plans 4 when later, leave school etc.
but of course if your staying home, college near where ya live and have no plans of moving then yeah ya should be fine then i would say a pair of brbs n give me one ;)

but dont forget plans change thats what happened to me could happen and does happen to everyone :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  10:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding price Judith, you gotta have an eye out for the cheapies..

for example I've only paid £40 so far for Blitz and his set up when I got him..

I've had tons of plants and stuff for free, and spend as little as possible.

my rub was free for example, a 64L, hell no am I spending £70 on a 3ft when I beleive Blaze will do fine in the RUB for life..

I want a few more snakes in time, but none yet. I dont want something like 15, as I feel it becomes a chore, instead of a joy at that stage.

I'd like to get a few more corns, maybe some boa's and pythons too.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  10:36:52  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

xxx

£10 a month isn't too bad, but what about if one of them ever needed to see a vet? Would you have the money at your disposal to do so?

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  15:34:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd like to get a few more corns, maybe some boa's and kings too.

Sorted :p

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2010 :  15:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

quote:

xxx

£10 a month isn't too bad, but what about if one of them ever needed to see a vet? Would you have the money at your disposal to do so?

yes, i have 250 put away in my bank acount that i never touch and that is a safety net incase something happens to them and i need to pay out lots of money
i now what u mean, and i am not guna go and buy lots of animals, i am guna wiat until i settle down after uni to buy loads, but i only wnat 1 more for now, that being a royal, but i would love to go and buy loads more, thats what im saying, but i now i can't. i can only actually fot 1 more lx viv in. so if i fill that space, i now for a fact that there is no way i can fit more more in

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  03:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Regarding price Judith, you gotta have an eye out for the cheapies....

Of course you should keep your eyes open for the bargains Hillzi, but personally I like having my snake's in their vivs rather than in a RUB, I also want to make sure I have a spare stat and heatmat in case something malfunctions....and DannyBrown makes a very good point about having money for the vet, which ReptileDanny has obviously already put a lot of thought into already....

quote:

yes, i have 250 put away in my bank acount that i never touch and that is a safety net incase something happens to them and i need to pay out lots of money

i now what u mean, and i am not guna go and buy lots of animals, i am guna wiat until i settle down after uni to buy loads, but i only wnat 1 more for now, that being a royal, but i would love to go and buy loads more, thats what im saying, but i now i can't. i can only actually fot 1 more lx viv in. so if i fill that space, i now for a fact that there is no way i can fit more more in

I know how easy it is to say I want, I want, I want....and I am sorry if I spoiled your fun a bit Danny, but I do think these things need to be thought through so carefully and all too often they arent.

I would love another snake, a cali king preferably, but I am realistic in the fact that I dont have the time or money to get one (this is ignoring the OH who says 'NO'!). But maybe one day....

I hope you get that Royal you want Danny so that last space is filled with a viv and your room can be complete....for now .

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 18/07/2010 03:20:21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000