New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  13:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi people!

I was just wondering.....is it ok to get your snake out from under their hides? Its just Sabre is hardly ever out so I'll never get to handle her.

I haven't done so yet, and I guess that maybe you shouldn't as they are there to hide and dont want to be bothered? But I thought I would check.

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  13:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's ok to do so, but just remember to respect the snake. He/she sometimes may well come out without a problem, but there will be times when they'll want to be left alone. Given time you'll get to know their body language and know when to leave them to be.

1.0.0 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  14:04:27  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How long have you had your snake?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  14:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danny, that’s a good point! It’s only been a week, it feels longer though.

On second thoughts I think I'll just be a bit more patient. I'm sure she'll come out more in the future.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  15:15:29  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeh hes probably still settling in, thats why he is hiding away so much, he will come out on his own eventually, but getting him out for handling won't do him any harm, just help him to get used to you and get used to being handled.

If anything i find sometimes its easier to get them out when they're hiding.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2010 :  18:42:41  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
.and sometimes they are grumpier when disturbed from the hide - you can't win! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  12:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I only handled my corns when they came out of their hides then they would never be handled !!

You must remember it is early days yet with Sabre, so you need to take it slowly and gently. When I go to handle mine I go in slowly, and fiddle with the substrate a bit, warning them that you are in their viv so they are not surprised. I also think that doing it I am getting their scent on my hands, which must help in keeping them calm.

Checkout this thread for some tips on handling - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9824

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000