Regurgitation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lydia
Snake Mite

13 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  16:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I fed my snake on Sunday evening, and he ate the mouse as usual without a problem. Apart from me changing his water he's always left alone for a few days after feeding. This morning I went into my son's room to the most awful smell, the snake has regurgitated the mouse into his water bowl. I'd heard it stinks but wow! I've read that I shouldnt feed it now for a week or so, but just wondering why it happened?

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  19:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my snake regurged it his water bowl n lucky 4 me it didnt smell! very disgusting tho! here is the link 2 the stick on it http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

hopefully its just a 1 off n he will b fine next time

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  21:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be any number of reasons really, dodgy mouse, too big, too stressed, too cold, scared, there's a few, the best thing, don't panic just yet, wait a week (7 day) and try again.
If its a mouse that is a normal size for him then try again with the same size, if you just moved up a size, go back to the smaller ones.
Only really start to worry if it carries on, he loses loads of weight, and you have tried an alternate source of food.
A mate who had a corn off me a while ago said his was regurging a lot, so he took some of my home grown mouses and tried that, he held them all down no probs, then regurged the next one from the shop, so that was the cause, now he doesn't get pets corner mouses!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000