New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lizzyd
Egg

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  22:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am fairly certain my lovely lady Bobbette is going to double clutch. For those of you who dont know the history...This season I put her in with her man Bobbo for a few days in the hope of breeding then 27 days later she laid 28 eggs (on the 6th june) which all turned out to be infertile. These eggs were clearly a bit early so i posted on this site. Since then i have been feeding her every 4 days and she is starving all the time. She is getting bigger and bigger and i can see and feel that there are definately eggs inside her although she hasnt been in with Bobbo since early april. Im just posting now to get your thoughts. Any ideas? Should i get my hopes up?

1.1.0 Classic corns
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
0.1.0 Cat

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally wouldn't, the reason being, if she doubles a load of infertile, then you are not disapointed (although you will be), and if she drops a load of fertile then you in for a good result!! I am a little surprised she dropped 28 infertile though, that's a lot! I would suggest she didn't quite get done properly by the male, enough to ovulate, but not enough to fertilise.

Go to Top of Page

lizzyd
Egg

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike...the truth is i lost custody of my snakes for 5 months when i took my kids and left my house to my evil ex. I had no choice. He fed them but did little else and i had no option but to leave them. When i got my house and my snakes back Bobbo wasnt eating. I was advised by a local snake guy he probably was after a mate so put them together briefly hoping that would sort him out and maybe result in some eggs. At the time i thought Bobbette looked quite big but as i hadnt seen her for 5 months i put it down to a growth spurt. But when she laid so early i started to think she had somehow held on to last years supply and was triple clutching. Still not even sure if this is possible. They were together about a week then seperated. Bobbo ate like a horse afterwards and has been fine ever since. Bobbette had a couple of feeds then refused, shed and laid as described.
Im sorry its a long story i know. But i do love my snakes.

1.1.0 Classic corns
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
0.1.0 Cat
Go to Top of Page

lizzyd
Egg

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there was any possible way i could have taken my snakes and lizard and cat with me i would have done so. But there wasnt. They are with me now and will be so for ever. No one will ever take them from me again.
(And OMG i think possibly i may be sharing a bit much. Sorry.)

1.1.0 Classic corns
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
0.1.0 Cat

Edited by - lizzyd on 07/07/2010 00:22:31
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  05:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lizzyd

If there was any possible way i could have taken my snakes and lizard and cat with me i would have done so. But there wasnt. They are with me now and will be so for ever. No one will ever take them from me again.
(And OMG i think possibly i may be sharing a bit much. Sorry.)

Cant help you with the double clutching and infertile eggs side Lizzy, but just wanted to say that I know how difficult these sort of circumstances can be and sometimes you are forced to do things you would normally never do. At the time you and the kids had to be your priority and we all understand that. I am just relieved that you are back in your house and they are back under your loving care.

No apologies necessary for sharing too much, you have been through hell and still carry feelings from that time that spill out....and need to spill out. This is a safe place to spill !

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000