New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  23:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive just been in my garden to get my cats in n they had a frog not sure where the hell its come from but it was making a horrible noise i tried to rescue it but i was 2 late! put it in a bowl of water coz it seemed unhurt but i think it was shocked they r evil!!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  01:14:44  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Next door to me have got a pong in their back garden so my dog sasha very often finds frogs.

I honestly don't know how she sees them, one minute she will be sat on the trampoline and next she will have darted off to the other side of the garden and have a frog cornered.

Most of them get away but a few recieve a rather hefty thump, she uses her paws like a cat. Infact when your playing with her she even jabs you with them...

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  01:43:57  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My cat had one once. I was doing the garden when I heard an awful squealing. I thought the cat had got a mouse but it was a frog trying to get away.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Next door to me have got a pong in their back garden so my dog sasha very often finds frogs.

I honestly don't know how she sees them, one minute she will be sat on the trampoline and next she will have darted off to the other side of the garden and have a frog cornered.

Most of them get away but a few recieve a rather hefty thump, she uses her paws like a cat. Infact when your playing with her she even jabs you with them...

a pong in there garden lol
my dog uses his paws aswel, when i get crickets for luna and put one on the floor for him he watches it till it gets to far away, then hits it iwth his paw and drags it back, we most of the time end up a with big splatter on the floor that has been smudged across the floor lol
i found a frog once in my back garden, then jake came out and found it, i tried to stop him but he ended up picking the frog up in his mouthm than ran away, i tried to catch him but he kept running away, mother found it hilariuos as he was running round with 2 huge frog legs stciking out his mouth lol the frog didn't die luckily so we put it on the front lawn where they all hide. poor thing

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, can say I've had some froggy experiences..

I saw a frog got run over, bless it, and I nearly stepped on two of them humping in the broad view of everything, on the pavement, but thats my only froggy encounters.

When they croak it pees me right off, especially at night, our neighbours got a huge pond and frogs go there every year.. and at night time, RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT all night, pesky things..

Edited by - hillzi on 03/07/2010 08:23:24
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  09:34:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is exactly why I hate cats, specially when they kill birds and frogs, rodents I don't care about but I wish they didnt leave them in my lawn or drive way.

Our dog has accidently killed a frog once, I won't think she ment to she just wants to play but she is so obsessed with them!

My sister also has the habit of stepping on frogs with nothing on her feet lol

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

mrsT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
186 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  11:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we had a cat years ago that used to leave us little presents on the stairs for when we got up in the morning,one of which was a frog!one morning we got up to find a hamster!!!
to this day we still dont know where he got it from.

1 carolina corn - Jake

1 hypo lavender - Kane
1 xb dog - Zak

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  12:04:28  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cant say my cats have caught a frog before or should i say porsha hasnt as fudge doesnt catch anything bless her she is great in that respect but porsha will go 4 anything that moves... but no frogs... she is evil with mice though caught playin tennis with one once she was kinda tossing it in the air back n forth to herself and shokingly after i saved the mouse it was fine, i locked ma cat inside 4 a lil while so the mouse cud get abit further away, i did put it in the long grass in the field next to ma garden.
she is into birds at the min thou n she has only killed 2 birds (that i know of) norm i come downstairs n theres a bird flying towards ma head lol and feathers everywhere

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  12:34:23  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
....and then someone whinges when their cat gets eaten by a burm :(

I'm not a cat fan, eurghhh

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  13:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

haha lol, i remember that paper
i hate cats to, and they come in you garden and leave a huge mess

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  13:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same, nuke them all.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  15:35:34  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

LMAO yeh I know :/ my neighbour hates my snakes case they think my snakes will escape and eat their cats :/

I hate cats that play with animals. I have kicked cats before to try and save animals or to stop my mum's cats pawing at my snakes which sounds mean but last time I tried to pick one up it had my hand petty badly...

Some cats really don't bother with animals though, my ginger doesn't bother. He tried to play with a paintbrush once and then got really scared with it :/ he's scared of my snakes too lol.

Although in my experience, dogs are just as bad, they all seem to catch ill rabbits and then start crunching their skulls.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  15:43:42  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im not even a cat person but i have 2... but i rescued one and then she had kittens so i had to keep one haha :)

fudge will not touch another animal, not that she can catch one bless her but at the end of the day its their natural instinct to hunt.
dogs are just as bad just like near enough every animal on this planet including ourselves as we also eat meat, n people shoot birds etc so ya cant reli complain about the cat really (unless your a vegiterian and dont eat fish either.)

but yes i do try n save all the animals i get 'given' from my cat

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  21:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the frog didnt die!! i checked it later last night n was sitting up happily n the pot of water it hopped off this morning hopefully found somewhere safe! my cats kill mice n birds all the time they play wiv mice 2gether like tennis! think the worst bit was the frog screaming! as stated above we r all evil really if u look at it like that! lol

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  04:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am so glad that the frog survived Natalie, you obviously got there just in time. It really is amazing the noise they make, you dont expect a frog to scream but they honestly do....I have heard it.

We have a pond with frogs and newts in and used to have an A & E nurse who lived next door, who dealt with all manner of awful sights at work....but she was terrified of frogs. We came home once to this very pitiful cry from her. She was hiding at the top end of her garden as there was a frog on her patio so she couldnt get back in the house! My OH had to be her knight in shining armour and save her.

I must admit that I dont like cats purely because of the mess that they leave....it stinks. We have so many neighbourhood cats and they seem to like using the small flowerbed right next to our front door as their litter tray, which means that as soon as you open the door or when visitors come that is the first thing that hits - the stink.

I do agree with JJ....cats are doing what comes naturally, although I do hate it when they 'play' with whatever they have caught....let is run a bit away and pounce on it again or throw it in the air, no idea why they do that. But, at the end of the day they are predators and their natural instinct is to hunt....nothing we can do to stop that. They are just the mini lions in our back gardens !

Luckily my dog cant stand cats and if you let her out she will give chase straight away, so we dont get many visitors in the back garden. The only worry is that she has got rather close a couple of times....I wonder what she would do if she caught one

xxx

Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  09:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cats only play with their food because they've not been taught to hunt. We takle them away from their mothers at the stage when they're only just learning how to kill, so they think they're killing their food but to us it looks like they're taking delight in torturing and playing with it. Feral and wild cats don't tend to play with their food, otherwise it might get away. A lot of dometic cats' behavious, such as trampling on you when you stroke them, is half-kitten behaviour. The trampling is done on the mother's mammary glands to stimulate milk flow, while your hand stroking them feel's like mum's tongue licking them clean.

But a batted-about frog doens't half make an unearthly racket

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: