New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  21:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi . Im newish and have asked a few things over the past few months but i dont have a pc and my internet use is all done on my mobile phone! . .is pretty slow and hard work but i really enjoy reading through the forums. . .can any1 tell me how i get some pictures useing my phone onto my profile? . .im a bit useless at this kind of thing . .thank u x

luke1989
Hatchling

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  22:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i dont really think there is a simple way. sorry

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  01:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you have a photobucket account, you can send pics from your phone to photobucket.
Alternatively you could use any that you may have on any other site (facebook etc). If you need a bit more info, just ask.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  02:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelly, it is really good that you have (finally ) said hi officially! You have already found what a great forum this is, with all the of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You've also seen all the fun and friendship that comes along as well .

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I am not sure if you have found this, but unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! You have probably already discovered the best place to look and put it to good use - the search button. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. You also know that if you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you have thought of doing this with Zelraf, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries'....noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

How is he doing now? Is he eating properly again? Silvesta has eaten for the last 3 weeks in a row and is hiding away most of the time, so hopefully he is out of that breeding frame of mind now. Kellog has fed once but is still very active. Feeding day again today for him so fingers crossed he will eat.

I have always wondered where you got Zelraf's name from. I know that there is the Bahr el Zeraf, which is an arm off the Nile, and means the Sea of Giraffes....but I cant find any reference to Zelraf. I think it is a gorgeous and unique name .

I cant believe you have been a member since January and we havent seen any pics of Zelraf yet !! You do realise you have been breaking an unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

Can I just say how much I love your favourite quote - 'Be kinder than necesary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'....it is how I live my life.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  12:41:24  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  19:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank u 4 the lovely welcome. .but like i said i am useless at technology,hence no pics so apologies 4 breaking th rules! (gulp!) . .i wil try and sort something out,i dont even own a digi camera! . .my sons made up zelraf because we had just had our 4th child and made up her name. . Safyca. . I just like 2 b a bit different i guess! . .yeh i do keep a diary 4 him and he ate 1 mouse on th 12th after we cut its belly open,well my partner did. . .i was a vegetarian 4 16yrs so not sure i could do that bit just yet!. .cant believe i keep them in my freezer lol. . .will try and tempt him saturday again,he is behaving like his old self a bit more and shed last friday so fingers crossed. . Thanx again 4 sayin hi xx
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  00:28:17  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  17:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

I'm useless when it comes to technology, I rely on my 16 year old daughter to sort it out for me lol

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  03:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by angelhope

........apologies 4 breaking th rules! (gulp!)

........my sons made up zelraf because we had just had our 4th child and made up her name. . Safyca. . I just like 2 b a bit different i guess!

........after we cut its belly open,well my partner did. . .i was a vegetarian 4 16yrs so not sure i could do that bit just yet!. .cant believe i keep them in my freezer lol. . .will try and tempt him saturday again,he is behaving like his old self a bit more and shed last friday so fingers crossed.

Dont worry about breaking the rules Kelly, for just you we will allow this rule to be broken ! I struggle with anything computer related and have to rely on my OH to download pics etc. Then it took me ages to work out how to upload them on to here. I know some people do upload pics from their mobs but not sure how.

Love the fact that your sons came up with Zelraf's name....it is such a unique one. And I also love your daughter's name, Safyca. I am never sure whether our kids will love us or hate us in the years to come for the names we have given them ....my kids are Tandia and Josiah, so not your usual run of the mill names....but they seem happy with them as long as they are called Tandi and Jos!

You would be amazed at what you will do to get your snake to eat! I have brained mice and split their bellies open....totally shocked my OH as he never thought I would ever do something like that! Glad he has shed - hope it was a good one....and also hope that he fed for you on Saturday.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  20:59:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya. . They are fab names!! I also hav jake,zakk and tyler ozzy! . .i just think its nice 2 have different names . .after splitting the mice bellies he didnt eat and has been a bit active again[:( . .how long do they pine for? . .it was a great shed,we watched him,its soo fancinating! . .do i just keep trying?. . Should i downsize th mouse next time? Thanx xx
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  21:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  03:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by angelhope

hiya. . They are fab names!! I also hav jake,zakk and tyler ozzy! . .i just think its nice 2 have different names . .after splitting the mice bellies he didnt eat and has been a bit active again[:( . .how long do they pine for? . .it was a great shed,we watched him,its soo fancinating! . .do i just keep trying?. . Should i downsize th mouse next time? Thanx xx

Thanks, I like the names even if the kids dont sometimes !

As far as I know it is getting towards the end of breeding season so hopefully he should start to calm down soon and start eating. My 2 have just started in the last few weeks, although I know other forum members snakes are still fasting. All you can do is keep to your normal feeding schedule and keep trying, then one day he will shock you and take it. You could try with a smaller mouse but I must admit that isnt something I have ever done, just continued as I have always done and binned a lot of rejected mice .

It really is amazing seeing them shed....I know lots of forum members havent had the chance to witness it which is such a shame. They really do seem to 'walk' out of their old skin.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  15:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  21:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Hello there.

. . .hiya. . Hope iam replying the right way as im typing my reply alongside your message!. .confusing on a mobile. . U r not too far from where we r. . Hartley wintney in hook?
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  11:08:36  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum..!

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000