Corn snake rehoming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  19:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I currently have a 2 year old female corn needing rehoming.

As a teenager, I kept a couple of corn snakes without any problems. Moving out meant i had to give them up sadly so now i have moved somewhere with some space again, I decided to rehome a corn snake.

6 weeks on, and she is still striking at me through the class, trying to strike the lock on the tank and always seemingly on edge. The old owner claims to have handled her regurlarly but it doesnt look like they did.

Ive tried everything i can think of, there has been an old worn t shirt of mine in the tank for 2 weeks and she still strikes at me outside of the tank. Even trying to provide fresh water is a battle!

Does anyone here fancy the challenge of rehoming a corn that quite frankly, needs more expert help than i can provide?

I am in north london (camden to be precise) should anyone here be willing to help.

Even some advice would be useful!

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  19:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS here are a couple of pictures

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  21:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am having the same problem with my AMEL. he dosen't like being picked up. and strikes at the tank. he wasn't handled very often by the shop i got him from. i managed to get him under control and more used to it. then he got a blockage and stopped feeding. so we gave him to the shop to see if he could help. after it was sorted they gave him back and he was back to his nasty self.

i have never been bitten by a corn, so i'm very nervous about what it feels like. and TBH i'd rather not get bitten by one.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  21:17:12  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello i had a problem with Romeo ( My snowcorn 5ft male) He turned very aggresive and after 4 weeks of taming sessions he is back to normal no hissing no striking at me no trying to eat my hand no more so if you want some advice and we can help you get your snakey tame again if you would like then it won't need to be rehomed right ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2010 :  21:47:24  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It cane take a while for them to settle down, I have a hatchie that still bites be after 4 months. Picking them up and handling them is the only way to calm them down, being scared is not going to help.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  20:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After personal experience I'd say let her bite you. It really does not hurt and has made me feel a lot less twitchy about the prospects of it ever happening again. If it makes you approach her more confidently, hopefully it will help her to calm down too. (I could be talking out of my bottom here though so see if any of the more experienced people agree).

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

Edited by - Sammysnake on 01/07/2010 20:28:33
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  15:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by csmith84

I currently have a 2 year old female corn needing rehoming.

As a teenager, I kept a couple of corn snakes without any problems. Moving out meant i had to give them up sadly so now i have moved somewhere with some space again, I decided to rehome a corn snake.

6 weeks on, and she is still striking at me through the class, trying to strike the lock on the tank and always seemingly on edge. The old owner claims to have handled her regurlarly but it doesnt look like they did.

Ive tried everything i can think of, there has been an old worn t shirt of mine in the tank for 2 weeks and she still strikes at me outside of the tank. Even trying to provide fresh water is a battle!

Does anyone here fancy the challenge of rehoming a corn that quite frankly, needs more expert help than i can provide?

I am in north london (camden to be precise) should anyone here be willing to help.

Even some advice would be useful!

i would take on your snake as i have taken on a few just like yours, just your a bit far away from me, shame if you could get a reptile post, im willing to pay postage, i would have it no problem, i have all the set up just sitting here.
well thanks for taking time to read. rob
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  23:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Freebie hunter??

Don't give up yet, it can be unnerving to have a snake that's constantly aggressive to you, but with time and confidence you will be able to tame her down. Taking a bite really is nothing, once it happens you will wonder what all the fuss was about! Just be gentle and confident, you will both be fine.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000