Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  19:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

Arthas is gorgeous and look forward to seeing more pics of him.

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2010 :  22:21:36  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Finally the stat has been posted, should get it in a day or 2, then I can stop being a useless human thermostat.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  10:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In this heat mate I'd just turn the mat off.

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  10:55:52  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well the stat has just arrived, so ive set it up and ill have a play around to get the temps right today. It isn't that hot in my room today for some reason, I did have the mat off but it was far to cold.

Edit-
Pics posted in the photo section.
Updated pic of his viv below, more places to hide now, and a digi thermometer and finally a thermostat.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *

Edited by - Callazagy on 30/06/2010 15:44:37
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  17:27:02  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome, Arthas is a beaut!
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  23:32:45  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I shoudn't have gone for the cheap option, ive read the posts on faulty microclimate thermostats, and mine doesn't work at all, it turns of at the correct temp but doesn't turn back on. Useless piece of crap, I was doing a better job.
Ill see what its like tommorow, but I think ill have to return it and get the recomended Habistat Pulse.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  00:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what temp is it turning back on at, ive got 4 microclimates and all work fine. what are you using to measure these temps and how long did you leave it running for?

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  03:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know you are now measuring your temps with a digital thermometer Chris....what readings were you getting while you were using the microclimate stat? What temp was it getting to before switching off and did it literally not turn back on? I did the same thing as you, and mine would turn off at the correct time but didnt switch on until the temp had dropped over 5oC, which was too much of a drop for my liking. So I did change to the Habistat pulse and am much happier. But I do know that others use the microclimate without a problem and without such a major temp swing....so maybe the stat I had was faulty.

I will echo Gmac's question, how long have you let it run for? It does take a while for you to see a pattern in what is happening.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  12:04:52  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It gets to around 29c and switches of and then it drops back down to room temp and just doesn't turn back on, I left it going over night and it obviously hadn't turned back on because it was still at room temp.
So im going to send it back and try to get a refund, Ive found the pulse one fairly cheap elsewhere so ill order that now, so I hopefully get it tommorow.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000