Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  23:19:43  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's a lovely snake in shed or not! 2 weeks!!!!!! OMG 1 week is bad enough. That will be very difficult and seem like forever.
I like your mums idea of Bullet for a name, it's rather cool.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  23:45:17  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmmm i like bullet as a name aswell

n'awww such a cute royal, wouldnt want one maself but there cute in pics... i have to say saw some very nice looking ones 2day... how u chose with all of them i have no idea :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  04:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you have finally got your royal Danny ! I know you had your heart set on a female....but to be honest does it really matter?! You have a royal....male/female, who cares!!

I think cos you are so young you sometimes get very set on ideas and find it hard to come away from them....like the fact that you already have males so wanted a female. But it is not as though you are needing it to mate with Monty or Luna ....so its sex doesnt matter!

I really dont get the royal thing I am afraid, I love looking at pics of them and love their markings and colourings....it is just their shape that puts me off - I love my slimline corns , rather than these 'Fat Lazy Overgrown Slugs' (courtesy of Eeji!) ....put that is purely a personal opinion and it is obvious how excited you are about him and you have certainly waited long enough and prepared yourself for getting him.

Was thinking about you all yesterday....wishing I was there and imagining you running from each Royal stand unable to choose which one you wanted !

Did wonder about the 2 weeks wait....but now it makes sense. Just dont be too impatient Danny. It is better to wait and have a happy snake that is eating than rush him cos you cant stand the wait and want to get him out and handle him. Must admit I never thought I would hear about a royal eating 'furiously and constantly'. All I hear about is that they are fussy feeders. Does this happen, can they be such voracious feeders?

Also, same as Hillzi and Trevah, did wonder about his colouring and whether he was due to shed.... particularly the sheen on him - but then I know nothing about royals .

I would be a little concerned having got a snake with no history, particularly a royal with their known feeding problems, unless I knew the person I was buying off and trusted them. I am glad you got his number so you can ring him and get as much info as possible.

He is gorgeous and I do love his markings. If he is in shed then I cant wait to see his true colouring.

I am with your mum and everyone else....Bullet sounds like a good macho name for him!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  07:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank u so much kellog, and like yoused, it doesn't really matter what sex i get.
i like the 'fat look' on them, as it matches me i understand your opinion, just as i don't like some reps that other people have
nad you are dead correct, i was running round the hall looking for the perfect royal, more panicking though, as there were hardly and 2010 babies, and if there were they only had expensive morphs, like over 500, and my budget was 400. i was getting really panicked as i wanted to come home with a royal, then found the stall that i found bullet and asked if he had any females and he sed no, but then this little fella cought my eye, but i had to walk round one more time to decide whether to wait till sept to get a female or to get the little male, and i decided that this little male was beautiful and i wanted him, so i ran back, as fast as i could incase someone had bought him, got back and the guy was like, u back again, which one do u like, so i sed bullet and he offered him to me for 50 instead of 60 as i was young and had could have breeding plans for the future as he is het piebald so i now have to persuade parents to let me get female and then that is it for the snake collection for a while,
i was a little concerned that the guy had no records but he seemed very genuine and was very helpful, so he gave me his phone number and i will be phoning him tonight to get some more info.
i think he will be called bullet unless either it terns out he is a she, but that will not be proven for a while, or another name comes along that i like better
sorry for the rant, and yes, the 2 weeks will be very hard but i will stick to it, like my mum sed, he will live for 25 years or more so 2 weeks out of the 25 years will do me no harm and think of all the handling he will get during the 25 years i am so happy with him, my dreams are all coming true

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  08:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i didnt realise a pale stomach was a marker for het pied.. mine both have clear stomachs and as far as i know arent het pied..
hes lovely - he does look a bit dark and murky so he may be coming up to a shed - wish i had some pics of q blue as he goes suuuuper dark and muddy with bright blue eyes

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  16:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apparently it's not the clear stomach, its the white running down the side of the stomach, they call it tram lines or something, i am going to phone the guy and ask loads of questions like:
how long have u been breeding royals
website and email address
what were the parents
paper work to say he is het pied
feeding recors
shedding records
things like this, anything else i can ask?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  17:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mods- would it be possible for you to change the title to- "bullets progression thread" or however you spell progression
kdlang, i love ur new sig

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  17:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is CUTE nice one danny.

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  18:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm like Tom and not a royal person but that is one very cute snake

Congrats Danny and I like the name Bullet, it suits him

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  19:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think we are going to call him bullet, as i love the name, and thank you so much for all the nice comments, you will be seing alot of him once the 2 weeks are up i will be taking lots more pics of him

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  07:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apparently he is going into shed as he has a dent in his eye, (he was goinf round his cage when i noticed it) and apparently it means that he is dehydrated from about to shed or something and if he sheds it should sort it out, hope he dies shed, and hope he doesn't decide to leave me present in his shed if he does
edit, can we change the name of this thread to "bullets thread" as i will continuosly post new things on here when they happen

sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 22/06/2010 07:54:15
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  13:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dent in the eye doesnt necessarily mean he is going to shed Danny, there may be other reasons for him being dehydrated. Time will tell so not to worry.

one of mine gets that dent from time to time, sometimes when he is about to shed and sometimes when he is not, so it is not unusual.

Edited by - gmac on 22/06/2010 13:53:22
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  14:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
changed the title for you,
the eye dent is usually a sign of dehydration like gmac said aswell as a sign of him coming up to a shed, keep an eye on him and if you feel its necessary give him a bigger bowl of water that he can submerge himself then do so as he may appreciate it if/when he does shed

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  19:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am guna feed him on friday so will get to see if the eye dent is still there, if he is then after the 48 hour period i will bath him

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

tylerma
Egg

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  22:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one Danny he looks great
I am supposed to be picking up 2 2010 baby royals on saturday as a birthday present to myself
soooo looking forward to getting them

Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  00:11:26  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He's absolutely gorgeous, makes me miss my Odin more. But I'm sure it'll all turn out well for you, like everyone else has said - be patient and that patience will reward you with a happy snake =]

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  16:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
feeding him tonight, will see if he allows me to get some photos, fingers crossed

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  19:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
danny if you are going to feed him just feed him only, dont spook him in any way, he is still settling in and you dont want to have to back to square 1.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  20:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, i tryed to feed him, i opened the tank very quitly, i then lifted each hide to see were he was, found him in the hot hide, lifted the hie off him, he just looked at the mouse, and wasn't interested. i then had to slighly move him/ touch him so he would move so i could put the hide bak over him, put everything back and put the mouse in his tank on the cork bark and left him. hopefully next week will be the week

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2010 :  22:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you honest opinion mate I think you rushed it a little bit..

I know diddly squat about Royals, but applying my common sense and logic, I think he's still struggling to settle in..

IMHO for any snake, feeding is more stressfull than handling, as the snake is incredibly vulnerable and as he's in a new enviornoment so soon no wonder he didnt feed.

Lay off him except for water changes for a week then try again son.

Don't worry, life's a learning curve and doing per say, 'not the whole right thing' you can learn what gets Bullet ticking.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000