New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  23:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
begins with the same letter so i reckon it counts
anyway, these are just a tiny number of the simply amazing, sweet, cute,funny and intelligent birds i get to work with.

Saracen, a Gyr Saker falcon

Micky, Jackel Buzzard

Fugde, Barn Owl

Pepper, European Eagle Owl

Murphy, Red Tailed Hawk

And wee Hamish, a Sunda Scops Owl, who might i just add, only weighs a tiny 3.5 oz's

This may give you an idea of how small he is, he is perched on a Small falconers glove.

Hope you like

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  23:24:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sunda scops owls are BRILLIANT!!.
They're like 3 different owls in one, they can have a really evil look about them when confronted with a bigger bird of prey.

/ninja edit

Just found a video of them, it's called 'transformer owl' and is perfectly described. http://izismile.com/2010/06/17/transformer_owl.html

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 19/06/2010 23:27:00
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  23:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunda scops are brilliant i agree, they are just so tiny and cute!
what on earth.. that Scops in the vid was legendary!!

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  23:51:04  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Really nice!
I love the european eagle owl..!
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  01:27:47  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:o sooo cool and cute n eee amazingly gorgeous looking :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  13:07:52  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They're all amazing!
Love Barn Owls! Only Owl ive seen in the wild.

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  18:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers everyone

Dan, you may not love this particlar Barn Owl so much, she goes straight for the face everytime you go into her aviary, and when she hopes you are food, it can get pretty intense haha.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  18:40:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OMG so cuuute *_*

Why haven't you trained a chicken to do that yet?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  21:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you work as chrissy?
they are some lovely looking birds of prey

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  22:04:18  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i love that vid of the transformer owl. gave me my laugh for the day. Your birds are really cute Chrissy. You are so lucky to be able to spend time with such incredible creatures

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  05:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am so glad you have FINALLY put these up Chrissy !! You know how jealous I am of you getting to work with these amazing raptors....and you just love it, even if you do get your face attacked by Fudge!

I will admit to Saracen being my favourite, I just think the Gyr Saker falcons are so stunning and regal.

Fudge looks so sweet, almost smiling up at the camera !

I saw the pic of Hamish and thought 'How sweet but a bit weird looking, not quite as cute as a little owl....'....then I watched the link Kehhlyr put up , those owls are amazing!!! It just shows how they manage to survive and adapt and protect themselves. But to have come up with 2 different methods of 'disguise' and such totally different ones is just awe inspiring. It is when you see animals like that that you are just blown away by nature and creation.

Dont normally mention the forum to my OH (you all know his opinion on it) but have got to show him and Jos that video!

He took some great pics of a little owl they both saw recently, will try and post them soon.

Thanks Chrissy....its nice to see some of the birds you are working with and love so much (even Fudge!) .

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 22/06/2010 05:39:02
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  17:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stap~le, do you mean why haven't i tried to train a chicken to attack people? if so, i have no idea why, i think i shall do though

Danny, i do a bit of saturday voluntary work for a mobile falconry team near me, tis a great place!

kdlang, i am so glad you got a laugh out of the link Kehhlyr posted. I will admit i cried with how funny and cute that owl was .
I am glad you think they are cute too, and yes i agree with you, i am so lucky to be able to work with these stunning birds.

Kellog, they have been up on my facebook for weeks so don't you start i am so glad you like them. Ah Fudge can keep attacking my face, i do not mind, she is great after she realises she cannot eat you haha. One of the first i flew to fist aswell so she will always be a bit special to me
woah, so you are telling me that my sunda is not as cute as a little owl, well i never!! take a look at this pic, he fell alseep on my finger

Ohhh, and here is Kewi, a Boobook owl. Forgot i still had this pic.

but yeh, cheers for the comments guys, am really happy that you like the birds

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  05:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That pic of him asleep on your finger is so cute....so maybe he is cuter than the little owl - it is just knowing he can transform that stops him being 100% cute !! Have you ever seen any of that behaviour?

Was Jos' first full day back at school yesterday and he wasnt feeling great....so bribed him with the promise of showing him something amazing that you had put up (well, Kehhlyr had....but only cos of you!). Have never seen him get into his school uniform so quick and he loved looking at your pics - he loved Pepper best. And his reaction to the video was just pure amazement....he immediately wanted to go and wake his dad to show him....which his dad would not have appreciated! The great news is he managed an full day and am hoping he will do the same today - at least I am praying for it.

Have now got 2 new pics to entice him out of bed !

xxx

(you know me and Facebook....we are strangers at the moment....)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000