should i? should i not?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  09:51:47  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi guys, ive been feeding medusa for a month on double pinkies and she eats them just fine, im going to get her some more food today is it worth to get some fuzzies aswell as pinkies???

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  10:07:21  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If she's taking 2 pinkies at a time and they don't upset her then I'd try going up a size.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  10:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i woud maybe get some mroe pinkies and get one fuzzy, feed her all the pinkies first apart from 2, then feed fuzzy, if she takes fuzzy then buy more fuzzies, if she doesn't give her the two pinks

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  10:23:05  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Buy both and just see how big the fuzzies are in comparison. If the fuzzies are a suitable size then try her with one of them. The only thing with fuzzies is they can range in size by quite a bit some shops sell fuzzies ranging from 3-9 grams other shops split them into 2 categories so if its possible ask if you can pick them out.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  10:54:27  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok cheers guys :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  14:58:31  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I ordered some fuzzies online and they ranged between 3g that looked more like pinks and 9g. Saying that I ordered some smalls at the same time and some of those went down to 7g. I just went through them all one by one and weighed them. Time consuming and I know that some people don't bother weiging their prey, but it helps me to feel more confident that the food I am giving my snakes is ok for them.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  15:41:28  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's very confusing when the size of mice in the same catagory cover such a range.
I get mine from the reptile place that I got Hissin-Sid from. They will let you choose which mice you want from the bag.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000