Skin Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  18:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Kratos last shed (approx 3 weeks ago) I noticed what I can best describe a 'smudge' in her markings on her upper surface, just where the tail starts. I didn't worry about it, I thought hey not everybody is perfect, it's fine.

Fast forward to today, when it was time to clean her viv. I put her into a RUB while I cleaned her out, did my stuff and before putting her back in I had a little look over her. I noticed the smudge again and decided to have a better look so I shone a torch on the area and it seems it isn't a marking deficiency.

There seems to be some scales missing and what I'm assuming to be bare flesh underneath (it has a pale pink/peachy colour). It looks to me (as an educated guess) that she may have rubbed herself while climbing over one of the cork hides in her viv. I did a closer check for mites/parasites and there are none visible. Over these 3 weeks she has fed as usual and behaved as usual - also she has been handled almost every day and didn't seem to be in any discomfort sliding through my fingers etc. For info the wound is approx 10mm long by 3 mm wide (overestimation if anything), and Kratos at her last shed was 25in long.

Unfortunately after housekeeping time she isn't in a good mood so I cant get a picture of it for you, but I'll update with one ASAP.

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  19:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its nothing to worry about, they do shed scales on occasion, my boa did it a while ago! She won't have done it on bark, the scales are very tough.
They will grow back quickly.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000