Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Anyone got experiance with non feeders in medway?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  10:26:08  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if someone would want to take on my Missy and get her feeding again? She has started to lose a little weight now and its been about 3 months since her last feed.
Im gonna try her again today, But so far I have tried everything, diffrent defrost ways, feeding in and out rub, leaving over night scenting, braining, but nothing. Although I know I could get her going again, With everything else going on at the mo (pregnancy hospital, decorating working) Im just not going to get the time if it comes to start assist feeding!

Anyone?? Or any other tricks??

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  11:29:39  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I guess you've tried cutting the tummy open? Some really like the smell of blood!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  11:33:24  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yep tried that to! she still dont want to know! She seems active enough, All im gonna do today is defrost mouse, put it on a plate and in the viv, Minimul fuss, Then shut the room door and leave over night and see if its gone in the morning.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  11:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whereabouts are you DM?

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  12:28:41  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
im in Gillingham in kent
Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  16:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I got Sid feeding again I used pinkies and then up to fuzzies and now back to small mice.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  18:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried dipping it in tuna brine? someone suggested it to me with aura, it didnt work personally but it has done in the past, another wierd suggestion i had given to me was putting a dab of marmite on the mouse - never tried it as my mum didnt want me stealing her marmite but apparently this woman swears by it..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  18:25:13  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have tried it all Hannah apart from the marmite! She just turns her nose up. At first I put it down to breeding season, then she was in shed then we moved, but now she has settled in the small room where there is no noise as its right down the corridor and round a corner, She is still turning her nose up!
The main reason I am asking someone with experiance is mainly if it comes to assist feeding I have never done it nor been shown, and The bloke in the local rep shop is as much use as a chocolate fire guard! So Id rather someone on here that I can trust her with if you know what I mean. My mate (the breeder) cant take her as she has just had a baby so she has her hands full as it is! Gonna try her again in a bit and see what happens. Going to feed in the rub, wait till she is out and just drop it in! (on a plate)
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  19:23:57  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Scrap everything I have just said, Little mare just took the mouse! Did not even get it in the RUB and she shot out her hide and grabbed it! Scared the living **** out of me!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  20:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad to hear the little madam is now eating :)

some people put a piece of kitchen towel over the mouse so snakey can eat in privacy, in case it happens again?

so glad she took her dinner :)

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  22:59:25  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea I tried covering the rub each time I left it overnight. They are in a small quiet room in the house, no noise vibrations or anything, so I knew it was not that. I think its been a combo of breeding season, shedding and moving. Or she heard me threaten to manually get a mouse stuffed down her neck!! LOL
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  20:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does make me laugh when someone posts a problem and then that problem is solved by the snake within the same day .

But what is most important is that Missy is eating and that is such good news and must also be a relief to you....I know this must have been stressing you out worrying about her. You have obviously tried so hard to get her to eat....and it has finally worked, when she decided she wanted to eat rather than because of anything you did !

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000