confused about shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  19:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys bit of help needed. 3 days ago my corn looked like it was ready to shed all the tell tale signs were there milky eyes milkyish body. av just had a look at it bout 10 mins ago and the eyes are no longer milky but theres no shed skin anywhere. am abit confused.

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  19:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats normal, he'll properly shed in a few days (from what ive heard). My snakes literally going through the same process for the first time.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  20:46:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't worry the eyes go clear again before they shed. He might also loose that milky body look too. Give him a few more days then you'll have a bright shining 'new' snake!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  21:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep totally normal, with a bit of luck you'll have a clean prestime shed within a few days.

When your snake decides to take a dump in the shed, then it gets interesting..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  23:27:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh cool thanx guys. i was abit worried coz av neva seen it do that b4 even tho av had it bout 11 months
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  03:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not surprising that you were a bit concerned Abrar....it is something that has caught out quite a few new owners. I know I wasnt sure what was going on when Kellog's eyes cleared and he seemed to return to a normal colour but there was no sign of any shed skin !!

What you need to look out for now is Nipper being a bit more active, then rubbing his head along the sides of his viv, hide, any branches, etc. This happens because he is trying to loosen the shed from around his jaw....and once that has loosened then it can happen very quickly! But be warned....I am convinced there is a corn-conspiracy ! They seem to wait until their owners leave the room and then slip out of their old skin and slither round quite happily in their new bright colours showing them off when their owners return to the room....with their old skin lying forlorn in the corner . Seriously though, a lot of corns shed at night and I know a number of members havent had the chance to see their corns shed....despite keeping them for a number of years. So I really do hope you get lucky and get to see Nipper shed.

We will expect pics of a bright and shiny snake as soon as the shed has happened of course !!

One thing that does concern me is that you have had Nipper 11 months and he hasnt shed yet. I would have thought that he would have shed a few times....but then I am no expert. Do you weigh him? What is he feeding on?

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 14/06/2010 03:34:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000