A good morph?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  19:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am interested in purchasing myself a second morph, I currently have an Amel corn aged 1 year, and was interested in getting another, but thought it would be nice to have another morph, to have a bit of variety. I'm not planning on breeding, so wether Amel + the other colour would produce a nice clutch isn't an issue.

I'm just wondering what morphs people would suggest for a good colouration - but I want a colour that would be not too hard to get hold of... there are no breeders in my local area, so I have to go based on the petshop which deals in reptiles and snakes... they often have a wide variety (And do have varies in which colours are available, so i cannot just go up and look, so If I know of a colour I want, I can wait till they get some of that colouring xD) but the rarer colours would be very hard for me to find there xD. I did look at a coupple of snow corns and thought they were rather interesting, but I do wish to look at a few other morphs aswell xD.

Anyway, yh.. anyone know of any interesting colourations? Do you have and links to any photos of them? :)

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  20:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://iansvivarium.com/cornsnakemorphs.php there is one or two nice ones here.

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  21:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if I had an amel, I would gofor an anery, because then you would really notice the contrast between the two snakes, it's very striking when you see them close together x

zan x
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  21:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you go on preloved and other websites like it you might be able to find a snake for rehoming in your area for less money than a pet shop would sell them for. There are some yearlings aswell so there would be more variety.

I quite like Lavenders, they are completely different to amels but are quite popular and easy to find! I also like butters a lot, they are amels bred with caramels, Love the yellow. As for snows they are beautiful, Blizzard corn snakes have very faint colours so they have a more block colour.

Hope that helps!! x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  22:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have no plans on breeding its all up to you what you like. Personally i would go with my favorite morph in ian's (see link in Gmac's post) and get one of those (same gender as you have to avoid accidents if you plan to keep them in the same cage.

If you dont have plans to breed it right now, but are unsure about if you might do it later on, I'd get a morph that would give nice hets or homos (yeah, i heard all those jokes b4 ;)) like an amel based morph.

In both those cases i would get me a Diffused (preferably a bloodred if possible at all). Most of them look awesome and if you decide to breed them later on, the offspring would be het for Fire that is a stunning morph.

Be warned! Corn snakes are adictive and they will take over your life/house ;)

/Magnus

Corns:
1.2 Butter, 1.1 Blizzard, 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Creamsicle, 1.2 Ghost, 1.2 Candycane, 1.2 Candycane - orange, 1.1 Caramel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Carolina stripe, 0.2 Amelanistic, 0.1 Carolina Motley, 1.1 Pewter, 1.0 Lavender

Cornsnake babies: OMGHI! im not even gonna try to keep up ;)

Others:
1.2 Great plains ratsnake (E.emoryi)

1.1 Ball python - Lesser platinum, 1.1 Ball python - Het pied, 1.1 Ball python - High contrast Albino

2.1 Chihuauha mountain kingsnake (L.p.knoblochi)

Edited by - n/a on 12/06/2010 22:40:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000