New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  18:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pictures as promised! Any help with the breed will be gratefully appreciated!! He is little grumpy today I guess you would be if your skin looked like this!

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:01:06  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Amazing snake!
Gorgeous..!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:12:41  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely snake, and great that you got to see him shedding. Did he get it all off?

I would say he's and Anery Motley.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 09/06/2010 19:14:19
Go to Top of Page

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:13:57  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your snake is so cute! Those big black eye's.

Yes id be grumpy if all my skin was falling off. Looks like a reasonable shed for a youngster too.

Edited by - Rik on 09/06/2010 19:14:27
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:19:47  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bless him. He looks like a little sweetie to me!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww! Poor little scruffy thing
He is so very cute though

i'd say anery motley too
Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  19:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your comments!! Seems it wasnt that hard to pick his breed after all! He is still in the process of shredding! But he's getting there, he does look a right scruff bag though! That might have to be his name! I want to call him Sydney, but the Mr is not too impressed!!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice snakey
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried letting him wriggle through a damp cloth or towel? That might help to get his itchy skin off a bit quicker :)

zan x
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:52:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a sweety!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  20:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cute!

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  21:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only got him yesterday and he was shredding when I picked him up. Also he was fed last night so don't want to disturb him too much today. He has got a hide which he could rub up against if need be, but think its coming off nicely!

(Snakey is just a name until my partner can let me pick a "decent" name!)

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  21:12:07  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
very nice

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  22:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering as snakes usually shed in one go, almost like pulling of a stocking, have you been able to check for retained eyecaps? Also when he gets it all off you need to make sure there's nothing left on his tail tip, because a retained shed there could become very tight and hurt his pretty tail!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  22:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I got him yesterday his head had already shred it was about halfway down. Its only gone a little bit further since then. Do you think its a problem? Thanks for your information its really helpful!

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  23:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sheds usually come off all at once, you could try letting him wriggle through a damp towel after he's been left for 48 hours after you fed him, this might help him slide his way out, he must be pretty itchy lol. Next time he goes 'in blue' you could put a tupperware filled with spagnum moss in his viv. so he can crawl in and get nice and moist, or what I do is spray spaghettis tank once a day to help make the shed easier to get out of! I'm not too sure how to check that his eyecaps have come off OK, usually you can check the shed skin, perhaps someone else can give advise on that :)

He's super beautiful, what a gorgeous pattern x

zan x
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  04:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Snakey' is certainly a lovely snake Hannah....you can see that even with the bits of shed skin peeling off him. Poor thing, he really was in a rough state when you got him....to have just been fed and in the process of shedding - about the worst combination. I do hope things have improved for him since.

I know you cant tell things from pics, but it does look as though his head area is clear and part way down his neck....it is only further down that he seems to have stopped shedding. As Zandefloss has said you do need to try and make sure that the tail tip comes away otherwise that can cause problems. I have just been through an awful shed with Silvesta and had to do the damp towel to get most of it off and then even resort to a bath (which you only do if nothing else works) to get the final bits off. It is not a nice experience - for you or the snake .

I did make some suggestions in your 'Welcome', so I hope some of it has helped get him free of that shed. I have also suggested some things you can do to help him out next time (I know, it was a long post but you will get used to that from me....I am known for rambling on !!)

As for names, we do have a list of a few snake names that people have suggested....it may be worthwhile having a look - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673

He really is gorgeous and I cant wait to see some pics of his when he is finally out of that old skin and showing off his new shiny skin !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  16:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for everyone's helpful advice! Unfortunately he's still not out of the old skin! Its only seems to be round his belly and sides about midway down to his tail. We have tried the damp towel trick today, but it didnt really help! Do you think we should hold off feeding him til he has shed his skin properly?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  16:30:46  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its been a while now and i think he probably needs some assistance getting it off. It really does need to come off if it is the full diameter of his body.

Have you tried giving him a damp hide to make the skin more moist and easier to slip out of? or giving him a bath?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Starmist
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  17:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its all off from the top its just the bottom bit, about to attempt the damp cloth! Hopefully that'll help!

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  18:18:49  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hope you manage to get it all off. He is a little darling

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000