Dark side
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sara3502
Hatchling

111 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a newbie question but, what is the dark side? i've never known.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:20:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rfuk.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  20:22:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its not worth knowing.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  20:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its quite cliquey and some of the members are suffering from Rectal Cranial Inversion. much more pleasent here :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  20:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lessthanjase

its quite cliquey and some of the members are suffering from Rectal Cranial Inversion. much more pleasent here :)

PMSL

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sara3502
Hatchling

111 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  21:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is that???
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  21:59:29  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
put bluntly, it means most of the members there talk out of their ar$£ :D

Its the ideal place to go to let off steam and shout and scream at people and get generally abused for having an opinion that doesn't go with the set in stone ideals of the 'expert' overlords.

Its actually hard to believe that when i first joined up over there it was relatively small and friendly, just like it is on here :D oh how times have changed :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  22:19:51  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

rfuk.co.uk

not quite............ reptileforums.co.uk

a great source of information but a whole load of cr@p to wade through to find it.........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  22:36:43  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

not quite............ reptileforums.co.uk

a great source of information but a whole load of cr@p to wade through to find it.........

Shouldn't that be *************.**.**???

I'm sure someone told me that our sites get starred out as if they were a swear word on there

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  23:17:24  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
over on IV I have the swear filter set to change anything to do with with them to 'the dark side' :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  04:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhhhhhhhhh expert overlords.....always trying to put everyone down....because they think they know best....closed to new ideas....yes, tiz much nicer here and the information given out is pretty much on the ball and up to date........stick with us and and the world of cornsnakes (and pretty much any bug, beast or rep you can think of!) will be your oyster...........shun the dark side Luke!!!!!!!!! Feel the force.........

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  11:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never ventured to 'the dark side' and certainly dont plan to (but I have spoken to a number of different people who have experience of it)....but I will say that the information you need is probably there and if you ask a question you will get the right answer, it is just a case of wading through all the wrong answers, flaming and general rubbish to get there.

I think if you know your stuff then you can probably handle it, but for any newbies like me then I would much rather stay somewhere where I know I get trustworthy information, where I wont be judged and found wanting, where I can make friends and where I can have fun.

Just the amount of people on there puts me off....something like 45,000 I think??? Can you imagine the posts you have to work through and how many of those posts are talking utter rubbish!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sara3502
Hatchling

111 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  19:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! I will not go to the dark side ever!
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  19:50:01  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good idea. i go over there just to look at the pics sometimes but never ask for info on there

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  22:16:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

over on IV I have the swear filter set to change anything to do with with them to 'the dark side' :D

What a good idea

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  22:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I havent had an issue with RFUK at all, i know someone who has, but it got sorted, yes there is a load ofpoopon there, but out of all that there is a lot of useful information also.
I dont owe RFUK any loyalties, as i dont owe this site, so i would say try it, see how you get on, you dont even have to sign up. Yes people can be ****s, but thats life, and is not confined to the internet! Just remember, they are keyboard warriors, dont be fazed by them!

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  22:50:23  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

.....Just remember, they are keyboard warriors, dont be fazed by them!

the problem is there so many of them and I personally really can't be bothered with thepoophalf of them spout out

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  16:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sara3502

I know this is a newbie question but, what is the dark side? i've never known.

I didnt know what it was when i first joined here... untill I went to have a look and realised that I had joined The Dark Side BEFORE I joined here but was put off by the flaming!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000