Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  14:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bred my anertheristic female to a snow male, however the 2 snow hatchlings that came out of the batch both had black in there eyes. Does this mean that they have the 'paradox' in them?

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:43:06  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe - can you post a photo?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try to get a photo next time hes out dont no how good it will be tho as hes only 9 months old...he only has it in his eyes and its a ring around both his pupils with red round the outside of the black to make up the rest of the iris colour...how rare are the patadox snows?

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try to get a photo next time hes out dont no how good it will be tho as hes only 9 months old...he only has it in his eyes and its a ring around both his pupils with red round the outside of the black to make up the rest of the iris colour...how rare are the patadox snows?

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  23:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey i tried to take a picture of my little snow corns eyes and i cant get a clear picture at all :( but under close inspection i can say that the black in his eyes is only at the front of his eyes around the pupil, he doesn't have any black marks anywhere else. Dont know if you can confirm whether he is a paradox from that though, sorry.

I was also looking at him and he seems to have the motley patterns dont his neck to about half way down and the normal looking saddles, but he has venteral patterns. Does this mean that he is normal or can they show half one pattern so to say (i know that one gene will fight of another, but could this be a mutation?)

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  23:25:28  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think if its got the motley gene the belly is clean white. same with yhe stripe best thing u can so is get some pics up to get a clear answer

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  11:37:37  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if its only a tiny bit of black in the eye then I wouldn't say paradox. Connecting saddles isn't always a sign of the motley gene, it can just be put down to normal variation in pattern.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  22:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, how do you post pictures up on a post?

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  22:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14057

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  23:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heres a picture of Houdini...i cant get a pic of his eyes as my camera goes blury close up sorry

Tasha
______

Edited by - Tasha89 on 20/05/2012 23:31:21
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  23:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like a normal snow to me. teeny bit green. eeji will be the best on this x

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  23:32:20  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
probably not a motley, a belly pic would confirm

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  23:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has belly patterns as a normal snow would, hence the confusion lol i cant take a pic right now as i have just fed him but once hes digested ill take one

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  23:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marc_sg i have to say when i was trying to take a pic of his eyes the other day the darker 'pink' in him does have a tinge of green in it, however i have no idea what this might be but hes fit and healthy so thats all that really matters i am just curious as to what he might actually be?

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  00:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think sometimes they just pop would with a bit of pigment in their eyes, Lister has a blue/black patch on her right eye, more noticeable from mid distance, but here's a closeup anyway (warning, large picture is large):

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  00:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snap!! that's exactly how Houdini's eyes is (weird) and in the snake position at the front lol...my camera wouldn't get a close up like yours though :(...does this mean they are paradox snow's as they have the black pigment?

Tasha
______

Edited by - Tasha89 on 21/05/2012 00:35:41
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  00:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think black eye pigment is normal, in normal snows. the paradox snows i have seen have black bits throuout their bodies. patches along the body. some even seem half and half x

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  00:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, think it's just normal, paradox/ruby freckled are ones with black/red on their body, just a random thing :)
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  09:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks :D

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2012 :  09:33:27  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:) great pic spree

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom