Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Corrah
Hatchling

United Kingdom
154 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  20:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy got his name from one of the people I work with. When I told her I was getting a corn snake she laughed and said I should call him Fluffy. I liked the irony, so it stuck.
When we got our first cat, Merlin, he was originally named Zugar. I didn't like it and we spent ages trying to come up with a name and as he has 6 toes on 3 of his paws we decided to call him Merlin. Only later I realised should have given him another name what with the 666 and all that! Our next cat, Poppy had her name when we got her and it suited her so we kept in. Last but not least was Floyd, named after Pink Floyd. Used to have coldwater fish before moving into tropical and we had a Black Moor called Ritchie, after Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple and Rainbow fame.

1.1.3 Corn Snakes (Altivo, Millie, Peggy, Al & Fraggle)
2.1.0 Cats (Merlin, Floyd & Poppy)
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  00:45:34  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alice - My eldest sons snake. Named after one of his friends who asked to have it named after her even tho it's a boy.
Izzy - Came with the name
Swayze - Named after Patrick Swayze as he is a Ghost corn
Peanut - A butter corn hense peanut butter
Carmellia - Liked the name and since it has sounds of caramel and amel which makes up butters I thought it appropriate
Connie - Has saddles the colour of conkers
Noisy - Named by youngest son. According to him Noisy sounds like Swayze and they are a similar colour (even though he is a lavender)
Palace - Again named by youngest son. Palace rhymes with Alice and they are both amels
Lizzy - Again named by youngest son. Lizzy rhymes with Izzy and they are both carolinas.
Mr Hoggie - pretty unoriginal for a hognose
Miss Piggie - Was too lazy to think of another name for the female hognose
Rio - Named by my eldest son. I was going to name him Elvis (the king) or Galaxy as he is chocolate and white like galaxy ice lollies but so far Rio has stuck.

Kizzy - came with the name as a rescued kitten
Tyler - came with the name. Most of the dogs taken on by Support Dogs are renamed by the fundraising team, sponsors, big donators, or in memory of someone involved with the charity

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  08:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kd i love that your ghost is called Swayze !

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  08:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phoenix was going to be called frank till i found out she was a she and went for phoenix as shes red
jeff, well i just thought it would be funny to have a snake called jeff.
my dog was already called junny but is called rat most of the time
when i finally get a royal python its goint to be called optimus

figs. Humbug von Badgersnake has got to be the best name ever for a snake

1.0.0 baird's rat snake, jeff 1.0.0 royal, derek 1.0.0 royal, frank 0.1.0 dog jenny 1.0.0 bull snake, ivan 0.1.0 bull snake, mavis 0.1.0 chilean rose, Bernadette 1.0.0 hognose, chuck 1.0.0 BCI, william

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
facebook(mention the forum) http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/profile.php?id=623879643

to live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  09:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

figs. Humbug von Badgersnake has got to be the best name ever for a snake

Thanks very much
Especially a black and white stripey snake eh!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2011 :  11:08:21  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Marshmallow - boa - Named by another member on here due to a conversation about 2 years ago
Charlotte - boa - first name that came to my head.
Trio - King - Came with that name
Chalkie - king - came with that name
Chiquita - king - came with that name
David HissleHoff - King - Just an amazing name for a Mex black.
Jessica - Hondo - Named after my bike
Dia - Retic - Name suggested by another forum member
Dick Van Strike - Hoggie - Simply an entertaining name
-hoggie - did have a name but I have forgotten it.
Kim Chi - Chameleon - named by daughter for some reason
Chi Chi - Turtle - named by daughter for some reason
Leonardo - boring animal - named because it's boring
Cordelia - GAL - Simply because Cordelia used to be a fitty on Buffy.

Can't remember the others, or they quite simply are not named.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

sarahcollier
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  11:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Snake is called Sir Hiss after Disney's The Jungle Book
Sherman the German Shepard
and our pirhanna don't have names!

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  12:07:24  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry Sarah...gotta question Sir Hiss - wasn't Sir Hiss from Robin Hood, and Kaa from the Jungle Book?

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)

Edited by - garrie on 09/09/2011 12:08:06
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  12:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad I know but being a TrueBlood fan my wife insisted.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:37:21  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i haven't got names for my new 2 yet but for my blood stripe i had suggestions for vampire names as he does love to strike at me and bite and he is a blood stripe and one of the best suggestion was Lestat and I've also thought of Quin from blade cos he liked to bite people too lol

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  13:56:08  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Liking the True blood theme Mick (i'm a fan too, oooh last episode of the 4th series to watch on monday). I think i'd want a Godric or an Eric though...

Vampire theme is cool, not sure if i have a favourite vampire - i'd perhaps have to think about ol' Buffy/Angel characters lol

^click for more pics^
Go to Top of Page

MiffyKnits
Snake Mite

45 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  14:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cornsnake is named Storm which my son came up with from his Beastquest books.

The beardie is Spike, the kids chose that one.
The cats are Tigger (Winnie ther Pooh), Luggage (Terry Pratchet, if you've read Discworld that will tell you all about that cat) and Castiel which was my choice for the beardie but I was outvoted.

Only one fish has a name - Barney, named by the kids again.

None of the stick insects have been named.
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  20:06:59  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Before i actually bought Eddie i had planned to name my corn Smaug if it was a boy (after the dragon from the hobbit) im a big lord of the rings nut and have gone through a lot of lord of the rings/hobbit related names over the years and smaug was one of the few remaining names i hadn't used however the day before picking up "smaug" i was at the o2 in london for an iron maiden concert i was on such a high on the way home and the morning after that i decided to change Smaug to Eddie firstly in honour of the almighty Maiden! and secondly in Honour of one of my favourite characters from bottom (edward elizabeth hitler)

Have to say to Garrie though being a big film geek i spotted the neverending story significance on day one and thought it was uber awesome loved the first movie not so keen on the sequels and rather miffed off to discover a remake is on the cards ugh

As for Eve what can i say i had a biblical moment and thought itd be ironic

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  16:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i usally let my son name our animals but i always know what he will say first..so it goes a little like this (hes 4)....ok Lennon what shall we name this one.....erm mario...no your not having mario you cant name everything mario,ok erm luigi then!!!! lol So since we have a snow corn and she looks pink i let him have peaches after princess peach or daisy after maior cart characters and so he picked peaches...i already have a pond full of fish named mario lol!!

my dog when we went to vist her at the rescue home did nothing but jump,usual for a collie and so we named her beanie after a jumping bean,she was named lady!! she also answers to beanie meanie or beanster,our old dog was albino and deaf so we were used to a dog having more than one name lol
My torie cat was called sprite when i got her but in no way did it suit her so i named her tawney which is a name for all her colours
My ginger cat (couldnt be the only red head in the house lol) was actually named after the drink murphys

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
50 pond koi/gold fish garden frogs
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  18:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like resurrecting old names that people don,t use any more for my pets and my lad went with Ernest coz apparently there was a Beano character called Ernest (he is a big Beano fan !)!!

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  11:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our newest addition Luna the carpet python was supposed to be called Delta but it didn't suit, we were sat watching Harry Potter 5 and the OH has just said "How about Luna?" lol

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  11:31:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi garrie, had we had a couple of boys she would have been with you, can't see what she likes about Eric!!

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  11:38:28  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOVE the Mario related names grudie (you have a very cool son)!

^click for more pics^
Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  20:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah hes a real dude pmsl and mario mad,we have the same convo over what he wants to wear each day wee bugger lol

well if i get my way and we get another snake im sure il will the same convo and may possably let him have another mario related name :)

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
50 pond koi/gold fish garden frogs
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!
Go to Top of Page

kerry84
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  22:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i called kellog after kellogs CORN flakes so u see the connection
i called are cat taz as when he was a kitten he uster to spin round in circles chasing his tail (round in circles like taz does )
sophie our cat was just called sophie
Our rats are called splinter and sherdder from turtles.
hope to add many more to our little ark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000