Page: of 3

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  09:24:03  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

i want to see with my Own eyes how a Snake goes through the Process of Killing a Rodent, im sure its a Fascinating experience.

Then put the discovery channel on!

quote:

Look i dont want people moaning and whining at me

You have asked for advise from experienced snake owners, they have given you that advice... If you had already made your mind up why ask? And if your going to partake in this 'experiment' then don't be surprised if people disagree with what you are doing and the risks your putting your snake through.

If something ever happened to one of my snakes because of my "curiosity" into this I would never forgive myself.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  09:58:03  Show Profile
a question would you arrange for your staffy to fight.I no its not exactly the same but it is similar. In the wild a snake has choices. In captivity Your placing snake n mouse in small inclosed space where contact and injury is unavoidable. its not very humane to do it for your own pleasure.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  10:11:11  Show Profile
sparrowhawk! if your gonna do what your gonna do regardless , why bother to ask people's opinions,ps if this offends, i aint bothered. Well thats my two pennorth worth, dont post very often, but needed that aaaahhhh.

1.1.0 amel.."andy" ..caramel??... "sarah"?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  20:03:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Lets keep it friendly where possible

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:09:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it's been said earlier in the thread, but if you want to risk the health or even LIFE of your snake purely for your own entertainment, well, i just can't understand that kind of stupidity. if you live feed for your snake's survival, a particularly problematic feeder or a wild caught specimen, then preventing the snake starving itself to death justifies the means.

the initial thread wasn't about live feeding, it was debating whether breeding your own supply of mice can work. the most humane way of dealing with the mice is a CO2 chamber and then either feed fresh-killed or freeze your surplus.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:54:24  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
quote:

Well yes... i do want to see my Snake kill a live Mouse, thats the point..

well what can i say. i think many of us think that it would be interesting. that may be why we got them coz they are fasinating

quote:

Risk or no Risk, id like to see it

well why bother having the snake! im sorry but you obviously dont care about your snake just a sadistic guy who is so selfish he has no problems with potentially killing your own snake im sorry but that is against everything we as snake keepers believe in!

quote:
Blackecho Posted - 07/09/2009 : 20:03:23

Lets keep it friendly where possible

im sorry mate but i think he deserves what is being said. i know it is a friendly forum but this has gone beyond stupid
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:55:37  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
can i suggest locking the topic because i can see some very strong opinions coming out and i dont think it is worth ruining the credit of this forum.

i know i said my piece but it nothin compared to what may be said
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:56:32  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
This is why we don't live feed unless completely necessary:

I don't think I need to say more.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:58:59  Show Profile
Look at the teeth on that.

(thanks in advance Lee )

Edited by - matty18714 on 07/09/2009 21:59:25
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  22:05:18  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
pics just prove how stupid it is for a begginer to do
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000