Need help on sexing.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CoN
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  13:45:19  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there peeps.
I need some help here on sexing a snake on a ad I saw, the guy doesnt know the sex of the snake, so maybe you guys (thats a little more experieced) could help me out please. I did ask the guy to e-mail me more photos of the tail end of the snake, Im still waiting for them.
http://www.gumtree.com/london/85/58940485.html
Thank you.

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  14:45:25  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can't properly sex a snake by looking at its tail, i believe the only accurate way to sex an adult is via probing which would need to be done by an expert.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 24/05/2010 14:45:53
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  16:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As danny said, probing is the only accurate way for adults.

Is the photo included in the advert showing the exact snake you want to buy? Its tail is very bloated, looks like eggs. Ask the seller if it was bred this year and if any eggs were produced.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  16:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just looked at my post, how stupid of me.

If its not either hugley obese, or has some sort of internal problem, its female as it looks like its carrying eggs almost ready to lay. Of course if the seller doesnt know the sex, then the seller wont know its gravid - so really, why does the seller think it has a ballooned tail?

Edit - .....Must be the heat...Didnt realise that you had noticed the tail...Hope its nothing too bad.

Edited by - matty18714 on 24/05/2010 17:35:58
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  17:56:20  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, either gravid and about to drop, or the biggest poo you've ever seen!

pretty corn tho!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  18:01:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's obese what ever sex it is I'm sure of it. I have that is way fatter than that (not pround before anyone jumps on me) and it's tail looks like that. Also it's fat everywhere in general XD

I think you should get him and get him on a diet :)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  19:12:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its fat - I'd personally steer clear and spend my hard earned on something in better health.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  15:59:20  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, your right. Thank you soooo much for the advise. Like my girlfriend said who has a snake for THAT long and doent know the sex? (not meaning it in a bad way). After studying the pic it makes sense the snake is in bad health.
I know this might be the wrong place to post but, I'm looking for a female corn ready to breed as my girlfriend wants to buy me one for me birthday. Anybody knows of some? (I'm in East London Area but willing to make an afternoon trip).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000