New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2008 :  14:48:27  Show Profile
Ok, I have a small problem, I don't particularly like handling my young corn..
Its not that I don't like him, its just he is too small (i'm used to bigger snakes and feel much more at home with them). He is only about 3-4 months old, and roughly 35-40cms long. How long should it take him to be a bit more, well, chunky/strong, kinda young royal width and maybe 2-3ft long?

I really love snakes but am finding myself being soooo gentle with Jamal that I'm not enjoying the handling as much as bigger snakes (doesn't help I had a Northern Pine out the other day, about 4 ft, and loved it.

Anyone got some averages size piccies for a year old? Just need to know how long its gonna be.

Please don't think I don't like him, its just I don't enjoy him as much as larger snakes. Oh, and I DONT want something 6ft plus, I don't like them THAT big.

ooops, I bought another.........

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2008 :  15:12:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Hi Karl, I know what you mean I much prefer handling my 4 footers!
Not particularly helpful but I have 3 yearling corns, Peachy is over 2ft long and quite chunky but Petal and Stripey are about 18 inches long and a lot more delicate, so they vary lots.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2008 :  18:21:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I'd say about a year if feeding well.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000