I am about, just busy for next couple days
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  01:01:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Hi all that know me, and some that don't.
Antilagman probably misses me, he had a secret crush on me, come to think of it didn't everyone????

Anyway, i'll just do a quick explain, then i've gotta go again.
I've just sent an email to Liverpoolmadman, as he texted me earlier as well as emailed.
Apologies to anyone that has messaged me one way or another, i've not looked through my 793 emails i've got left yet.

I disappeared a few weeks ago, after finding out a close member of my family had become ill.

Decent explanation for fellow forums peeps

My papa, who lived in Hamilton, just outside Glasgow, found out a few weeks ago that he had Cancer of the throat,tongue, lungs and bones. (smoking related???????).

I drove up from Bournemouth, 500 miles away, at the drop of a hat. So quickly in fact that i woke my missus up at 6am when i phoned to tell her where i was, yet at 10pm when she fell asleep, i was in bed next to her!! I didn't know that a 1.3 Ford KA *could* do 120 of the best british miles an hour up the M6 and M74. i say 'could', because obviously i didn't go faster than 70mph, as that would be illegal.
I spent most of my time up there, only coming back down here every few days, as I also was supposed to be moving home in the process as well, so had to sign papers and other boring stuff.
In total In the past 5 weeks, i've added another 1000 odd miles onto the KA and around 11000 onto the fiesta.
My papa battled until he died last monday night, his funeral was on saturday just gone. He passed away a happy old boy as i was able to show him photos of his grandchildren that he's never seen, he was made even happier by seeing a photo of his grandaughter, the first girl born into our family in about 100 years, he saw that photo at about 7pm on the 28th july, and after smiling and saying 'Aboot time there was a bonnie wee lass in this mess', he went to sleep shortly after and stopped breathing at 9.30pm that night.
I'm coping as best i can now, and i'm glad he's at rest and is peaceful, and was able to see photos of his grandchildren before he died, it made him happy.

Life teaches some hard lessons sometimes, I've lost count of how many times i've said about bringing the kids up to see him, but never have because he was one of them battlers that no one ever thinks will die.
Because of how long i left it, my kids'll never meet their gramps. I didn't want them to first see him in hospital how he was. When i was young he was very imposing and filled every room he was in, but he went downhill quickly in the last few weeks, and making him smile for the last time was better than having my kids have a different opinion of him.

I'll miss him loads, I got my strength and courage from him during his life, and i'll use that now and in the future.

My uncle, he was the one that managed to get his glass eye.
Papa lost it when he was twelve,(he was holding scissors wrong when walking), everyone in the family wanted it. We all got scared by it when we were little, his glass eye seems to be his soul, we've all lost count of how many times it was in our breakfast bowls, or dropped in our crisp packets. He was a bugger for doing it in our 'helicopter' flavoured crisps. (anyone else remember them?)
He'll be much missed, but everytime he's mentioned anyone that knew him laughs, he always did make us happy and smile. In fact this is the only time that his 7 children, 20 odd grandchildren and 10 or so great-grandkids that knew him have been sad because of him.
I still keep waiting for him to jump out from behind the sofa and make us scream.

He constantly made us laugh and smile, this is the first time we've cried. He'll be missed sorely, yet his antics will probably go on forever...

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

n/a
deleted

538 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  09:43:00  Show Profile
I dont know what to say for once ! I would normally crack a joke like " you call that an excuse ! or havent you heard of the internet on your mobile" But i feel its not very oppropriate...

I`m sorry for your loss, and i do remember the helicopter crisps
as you stated, that you have used his strength throughout your life and nows its time to be at your strongest, i recently lost a family member and i handled it very well, too well in actual fact but then 4-5 months later i broke my leg and when i was in hospital on the gas and air it caught up with me , very wierd experience !!!
everyone greeves differently and in their own way but life does go on.

its nice to hear the happiness you had growing up with him.

be strong my friend and remember my secrete crush.

Edited by - n/a on 06/08/2008 09:44:36
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  10:14:15  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that =(

Im sure were all willing to help moral-wise should you need it, and I apolagise for all the jokes made in your absence...

Nice to hear from you again, we were all fairly worried
Go to Top of Page

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  10:40:17  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage
thanxs for getting in touch OUR THOUGHTS are ALL with you now
Were all here for you in thought and spirit
glad to have made contact with you at long last

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  11:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I'm like Antilagman- I don't know what to say either!

Sorry for your loss, but I'm glad we know you're alright now. We've had some right schemes and ideas thought up to explain your absence

Hope the next few weeks and months go well for you, like Liverpoolmadman says everyone grieves differently and it'll be hard for you and your family for a while.

It's good that you are focusing on the good stuff though. I think he'd want you to remember him by his practical jokes, especially since the glass eye in cornflakes is such a good one. I bet the prospect of that first thing in a morning kept you on your toes

I'm sorry to say I don't remember helicopter flavour crisps, in my day the flavour of the age was 'Meanies' picked onion flavour or Snaps. Those were the days eh?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  11:43:19  Show Profile
Im really sorry to hear that, im glad you have lots of lovely memories to remember him by. He sounds like my dad with his practical jokes and theres never a dull moment having family like them. Take care

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  13:05:57  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Sorry for your loss :(

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  17:50:06  Show Profile
really sorry for your loss mate

i lost my grandad that had lived with us for 15 ish years a couple of months back and its a big shock. he too got ill and had a up and down final few months. (damn MRSA!!!!)

it is a very sad time but by remembering his smile and his ways always puts a smile on my face and gets me through the bad times.

my condolences go out to all your family and friends whoose lives he touched.

Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  20:56:16  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Sorry for your loss Kehhlyr, my thought and prayers go out to you and your family.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  21:08:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
So sorry to hear your news Kehhlyr, just reading your post made me well up, I hope you're coping, we have missed you *hugs*

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  21:54:28  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
sorry mate to hear about your loss

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  03:22:41  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
back again now, i'll be here more often, but i'm gonna be busy again for the next day or 2, i've got LOADS of posts to read and/or reply to.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000