Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:20:02  Show Profile
Hi Again - I have five eggs that look great but who knows! I dissected a duff one and when you said "they're cooked" I had no idea what it meant - there was what looked like a whole egg of solid pinky albumen-type stuff. Got me thinking if they were fertile to begin with? The egg I dissected looked like a whole boiled egg but with a bit of intestine at one end - is that an ambilical cord and does that mean it was fertile?

The snake that laid is still much thiner than the other too, although she's active and eating well. She does have quite a bump at her vent and I wonder if she has another clutch although I think she's too small. The other female is massive (not over-fed) but has been for months and displaying no signs of pregnancy and has no bump above her vent. I hope she doesn't lay as we are moving at the end of August!

Anery Motley F: Callisto
Snow M: Europa
Carolina Reverse Okeetee F: Io
Anery Motley F: Kinky
Snow F: Maite

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:20:02  Show Profile
Hi Again - I have five eggs that look great but who knows! I dissected a duff one and when you said "they're cooked" I had no idea what it meant - there was what looked like a whole egg of solid pinky albumen-type stuff. Got me thinking if they were fertile to begin with? The egg I dissected looked like a whole boiled egg but with a bit of intestine at one end - is that an ambilical cord and does that mean it was fertile?

The snake that laid is still much thiner than the other too, although she's active and eating well. She does have quite a bump at her vent and I wonder if she has another clutch although I think she's too small. The other female is massive (not over-fed) but has been for months and displaying no signs of pregnancy and has no bump above her vent. I hope she doesn't lay as we are moving at the end of August!

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:24:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
How long before they're due now?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:24:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
How long before they're due now?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:31:31  Show Profile
Who knows - as the incubator never arrived and they've been in the viv since birth I don't see the point buying/building one now, so with conditions not being ideal it could be a while or never! She laid on the 18th June so they are now 41 days old. I have to say they look good but maybe I should try and candle them. I did try a torch but it was pretty crap.

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

156 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:31:31  Show Profile
Who knows - as the incubator never arrived and they've been in the viv since birth I don't see the point buying/building one now, so with conditions not being ideal it could be a while or never! She laid on the 18th June so they are now 41 days old. I have to say they look good but maybe I should try and candle them. I did try a torch but it was pretty crap.

22 Naughty Hatchlings

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:48:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Buy a more powerful one

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:48:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Buy a more powerful one

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  13:36:57  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
You would be able to tell if they had been "cooked" if the protein turns solid and white.
I hope the ones that looked ok are ^^

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  13:36:57  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
You would be able to tell if they had been "cooked" if the protein turns solid and white.
I hope the ones that looked ok are ^^

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  17:16:08  Show Profile
try a mini maglite to candle the eggs.....ebay.....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  17:16:08  Show Profile
try a mini maglite to candle the eggs.....ebay.....
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  11:45:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190240840055

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  11:45:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190240840055

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000