Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2008 :  08:30:37  Show Profile
Agreed, most people probably would on this site....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2008 :  08:30:37  Show Profile
Agreed, most people probably would on this site....
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2008 :  11:32:03  Show Profile
To be honest, i would have anything that wouldnt eat me :P

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2008 :  11:32:03  Show Profile
To be honest, i would have anything that wouldnt eat me :P

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  21:45:15  Show Profile
An update of my Leopard Geckos;

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  21:45:15  Show Profile
An update of my Leopard Geckos;

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  17:02:04  Show Profile
looking good pal, cant wait til i pick some up. top pic looks like mine but with more black pigment, wot is he?

also as you really do know your stuff about genetics i was wondering
wot babies will i get if i breed my male, really cant get my head roung it.
gonna choose prob 3 different female morphs and was just wondering if depending on wot the female is would affect wot the baby would turn out as using the same male....(if you get me?)

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  17:02:04  Show Profile
looking good pal, cant wait til i pick some up. top pic looks like mine but with more black pigment, wot is he?

also as you really do know your stuff about genetics i was wondering
wot babies will i get if i breed my male, really cant get my head roung it.
gonna choose prob 3 different female morphs and was just wondering if depending on wot the female is would affect wot the baby would turn out as using the same male....(if you get me?)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  17:41:55  Show Profile
yeah i do lol. ok;

well the top picture is a male hypo tangerine - well seems to be going towards tang anyway time will tell.

yours is probably a hi yellow if it has more black spots. That is basically a normal & off the top of my head i think that was produced in 1992 one of the 1st 'morphs'.

you probably want a hypo or super hypo female to maybe try to bring out more yellow & reduce the black spotting.

you could try a jungle female, although a line bred trait, if you breed the better looking offspring together or back to the jungle mother then there's even more chance of producing more jungles.

any thing else other than a super hypo, giant or mack snow will just produce normal hets (for whatever you crossed to the normal parent)

ie. normal x albino = normal het albino, as it's a recessive gene which needs two copies to show the appearance or phenotype of an albino.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  17:41:55  Show Profile
yeah i do lol. ok;

well the top picture is a male hypo tangerine - well seems to be going towards tang anyway time will tell.

yours is probably a hi yellow if it has more black spots. That is basically a normal & off the top of my head i think that was produced in 1992 one of the 1st 'morphs'.

you probably want a hypo or super hypo female to maybe try to bring out more yellow & reduce the black spotting.

you could try a jungle female, although a line bred trait, if you breed the better looking offspring together or back to the jungle mother then there's even more chance of producing more jungles.

any thing else other than a super hypo, giant or mack snow will just produce normal hets (for whatever you crossed to the normal parent)

ie. normal x albino = normal het albino, as it's a recessive gene which needs two copies to show the appearance or phenotype of an albino.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  18:11:57  Show Profile
tried putting up a link for 'vmsherp' but it wont work so google it. there are explanations & some pics of the morphs on there. Also there's the ENIGMA morph but I didn't include this above as it would be harder to explain so you can read it yourself lol.
they're costly too.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  18:11:57  Show Profile
tried putting up a link for 'vmsherp' but it wont work so google it. there are explanations & some pics of the morphs on there. Also there's the ENIGMA morph but I didn't include this above as it would be harder to explain so you can read it yourself lol.
they're costly too.
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  21:31:31  Show Profile
its not that its got more black spots its just that they are alot duller. think im gonna take it to a guy i know and see if he can say for sure.

as you can see very similar just that the spots on his back are very dull and his head markings are brown.
its a complicated thing this genetics.

from pics ive seen and wot you have told me i would say its hypo tangerine cos of the reduced melamine(black pigmant )
wot you reckon.

p.s thanks so much for all your help and advice

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  21:31:31  Show Profile
its not that its got more black spots its just that they are alot duller. think im gonna take it to a guy i know and see if he can say for sure.

as you can see very similar just that the spots on his back are very dull and his head markings are brown.
its a complicated thing this genetics.

from pics ive seen and wot you have told me i would say its hypo tangerine cos of the reduced melamine(black pigmant )
wot you reckon.

p.s thanks so much for all your help and advice

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  21:38:16  Show Profile
i would say super hypo tang possible carrot tail.

so; SHT(CT) if there were a lack of spots on the head it would be 'baldy' too (SHTCTB)

apparently has to have 12 or less spots to be 'super' hypo.

you should get 50/50 hypo & super hypos if bred to another hypo or 100% super hypo if bred to another super hypo. the tang is possible too if both parents have it as is the carrot tail & the baldy part lol.

i use those brown pots too (they come apart).

looks like calcium worms.....

Edited by - n/a on 01/07/2008 21:40:08
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  21:38:16  Show Profile
i would say super hypo tang possible carrot tail.

so; SHT(CT) if there were a lack of spots on the head it would be 'baldy' too (SHTCTB)

apparently has to have 12 or less spots to be 'super' hypo.

you should get 50/50 hypo & super hypos if bred to another hypo or 100% super hypo if bred to another super hypo. the tang is possible too if both parents have it as is the carrot tail & the baldy part lol.

i use those brown pots too (they come apart).

looks like calcium worms.....

Edited by - n/a on 01/07/2008 21:40:08
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  22:14:11  Show Profile
yeah cacli grubs. wouldnt eat em so or mealys so now stick to crickets

think i will try and get a female SHT (if that is wot he is) and maybe another 2 differnt morphs.

gonna do some serious reading to try and sus it out. i can feel the headache starting already

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  22:14:11  Show Profile
yeah cacli grubs. wouldnt eat em so or mealys so now stick to crickets

think i will try and get a female SHT (if that is wot he is) and maybe another 2 differnt morphs.

gonna do some serious reading to try and sus it out. i can feel the headache starting already

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000