Lost snake :'(
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2008 :  12:13:52  Show Profile
i went away, for 2 days and left the rents looking after the snakes. when i get bk Amelia, the female corn was gone and presumed to have got out on the tuesday night i came bk thursday day time. she has escaped befor and was never hard to find as she didnt leave my room, but shes realy gone and has been heard at night about the house. iv been online and tryed sleotape, flower and plastic backs she hasent been fed in about 2 weeks but i dont want to use food unless i depratly have to coz as long as hes hungry i feel she is more likey to come looking. sigh any trapping sergestions.
the male smake is starting to look lonly without her.

Vikki

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2008 :  12:48:09  Show Profile
try looking in the bathroom, kitchen, utility room where there's water. This is sometimes where they go to.

Don't use sellotape try masking tape instead for trapping. Then if it's hard to peel off use olive oil or similar to ease it off.

you will have to look everywhere quite a few times over & over.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2008 :  16:24:50  Show Profile
i agree with moneymaker. use masking tape across the rooms right up to the skirting board as she will prob edge along them. a few dishes of water can be put out so she doesnt get dehydrated also. food by the traps may work to entice her.

good luck

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2008 :  20:38:53  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
check behind the radiators

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2008 :  08:56:50  Show Profile
maybe this could be the last you try if you dont want to use food first. but you could warm up a pinky so it has a strong smell. put it on a plate in the middle of a room on top of newspaper. and cover the newspaper in talcom powder. if your in the room at the time she comes searching youll hear the newspaper and if not you should be able to follow the trail. fingers crossed!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2008 :  14:19:52  Show Profile
If your willing to make a bit of a mess, then cover the edge of doors with foil. If the snake has passed, you will hear it. Good luck with finding her...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2008 :  18:39:07  Show Profile
my corn went missing as well, it was missing for 6 weeks and then it finally turned up one night in my utility room where I keep all my breeding mice, so dont give up
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

65 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2008 :  20:01:34  Show Profile
if you have any plants check in and under flower pots my friend lost her baby boa for 6 months she thought the cat had it until she decided to repot her plant and bingo there he was curled up undernearth safe and sound.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000