Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  10:30:55  Show Profile

Hi all,

Found this morph of Corn on the web boards and have fallen for it. It's a hurricane motley anery.

I know what hurricane and anery mean. What does motley mean?

More importantly where can I get one? I am guessing they are rarer than the average morph of Corn Snake so perhaps I need to find a breeder who may have some?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  11:08:59  Show Profile
motley is where the snake has circles down the length of its back. I had one of those, they're nice looking snakes but I preferred the motley sunglow I had. Also remember that not all anery hurricane motleys will look exactly like that.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  11:08:59  Show Profile
motley is where the snake has circles down the length of its back. I had one of those, they're nice looking snakes but I preferred the motley sunglow I had. Also remember that not all anery hurricane motleys will look exactly like that.
Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:02:04  Show Profile
Thanks.
I have seen various versions of this morph now after web searching, and some do look different. I am paticularly taken by this one though so will just have to keep my eyes and ears open until I find one similar.

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:02:04  Show Profile
Thanks.
I have seen various versions of this morph now after web searching, and some do look different. I am paticularly taken by this one though so will just have to keep my eyes and ears open until I find one similar.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:45:56  Show Profile
good luck in finding one, but if you were to be thinking of breeding for the 'hurricane' trait no corn snake can be 'het' for 'hurricane. So you would only get anery motleys, unless you were lucky enough to have one pop up, but again not all will be similar & if you grew the offspring on you may end up with some leaning towards what you are currently looking for. You could purchase anery motleys, breed them together & still produce anery 'hurricane' motley(s).
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:45:56  Show Profile
good luck in finding one, but if you were to be thinking of breeding for the 'hurricane' trait no corn snake can be 'het' for 'hurricane. So you would only get anery motleys, unless you were lucky enough to have one pop up, but again not all will be similar & if you grew the offspring on you may end up with some leaning towards what you are currently looking for. You could purchase anery motleys, breed them together & still produce anery 'hurricane' motley(s).
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:59:42  Show Profile
Wow, sure is a stunner.

Ill ask around at the Herp club Im joining soon, see if they know.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:59:42  Show Profile
Wow, sure is a stunner.

Ill ask around at the Herp club Im joining soon, see if they know.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  21:15:51  Show Profile
That is a great looking snake. I think i have realised i like the darker coloured ones the best.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  21:15:51  Show Profile
That is a great looking snake. I think i have realised i like the darker coloured ones the best.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

173 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  16:51:37  Show Profile
wheare do you find theese cool snakes!!!!!!!!!

corns de best

1 dog
1 rabbit
6 ginie pigs
lot of fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

173 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  16:51:37  Show Profile
wheare do you find theese cool snakes!!!!!!!!!

corns de best

1 dog
1 rabbit
6 ginie pigs
lot of fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

190 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  00:50:33  Show Profile
best way to get one like that is importing from the states, some people in the uk will do big runs to get them over.

Visit www.AS-Exotics.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

190 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  00:50:33  Show Profile
best way to get one like that is importing from the states, some people in the uk will do big runs to get them over.

Visit www.AS-Exotics.co.uk

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000