Corn snake video???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  21:57:52  Show Profile
Thought id try posting a link to my you tube video of kirk i love this video hes SO fast, this was a few weeks ago just ignore my ramblings in the back ground ha ha

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hx_yEZiXKiI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hx_yEZiXKiI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

if this doesnt work then this is the URL link thingy:-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hx_yEZiXKiI

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:01:02  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Awesome video Irishtom, Kirks got a good strike on him

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:20:10  Show Profile
Thats a good strike. Can I suggest that you feed him when hes out of his hide. I only say this because you get a much better view of his great colour and he will have more room to srike so he may constrict more.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:50:31  Show Profile
Whoa

Blinked and missed it the first time
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  19:13:10  Show Profile
Haha glad you all liked it, he doesnt come out of his hide often and i was told that i shouldnt put my hand into the cage or touch him the day i feed him or he might go for me instead of the mouse, though he is becoming more relaxed arround me and i was able to let him crawl over my bed...... pity he poo'd on my bed .......... and id just changed the bed cloths!!!!!

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  19:42:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Irishtom

i was told that i shouldnt put my hand into the cage or touch him the day i feed him or he might go for me instead of the mouse

Thats only after feeding or if you have recently handled the mice.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  19:49:50  Show Profile
Thanks for that Matty i dont handle the mice as i have bought a pair or fishing tongs and i know better to disturb any one after eating ....... you should see what i do when im disturbed after eating HA HA

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  10:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
We feed our snakes in a cat litter tray. It's good because you can see everything and there is no chance of aspen getting on the mouse. It can cause digestive problems if your snake ingests it.

I think it's also good to get them out for food, because they don't associate you putting your hand in the viv as feeding time.

Like Matty says, you should be alright as long as your hands don't smell of mice, but I've handled mice before I've picked them up and I've not been bit. Don't be afraid of a bite. It's supposed to tickle

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  11:04:49  Show Profile
I use the bottom of a cardboard box with the sides cut down to about an inch high to feed henry in.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  17:53:26  Show Profile
Yeah but i was told not to handle my corn for 24/48 hours after feeding as it could make them sick and its not pretty apperently!!!

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  08:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
You can place him back in the viv alright, it just means don't get him out for a proper handling session.

It's just so you don't fiddle with the bulge until he's had chance to digest it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000