New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  21:45:55  Show Profile
hello all

right i have a question and it goes like this.

a friend of mine has a milk snake ( the red,white and black banded 1 )and i must say its an incredible looker, anyway he has just been offered a once in a lifetime job in japan and he wants me to take his snakey.
so im gonna build a 2 stacker but my question to you is,
will they be ok with 1 above the other ( ok stop laughing im new lol ), i know in the shops there stacked alot more than 2 but i assume they have a fast turn around.
the reason im asking is because ive read that they can rub there noses sore and i thought if they smell each other during the magic season they may injure there selves, if you think its better to build 2 vivs and keep them apart i can.

to be honest i think i know the answer ( of course you can ) but i really just want to make sure.

once again thank you in advance

mat

only the one corn ....... for now ;-)

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  22:06:53  Show Profile
oh yeah and also seeing as im new to the world of snakes do you think i may be taking on to much having 2, ive only had takoda for 4 days,
but i reckon with the great help on this site i will be ok, what do you think

mat

Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  22:13:44  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
although it might be a little early to get a second snake, your friend cant really wait for a year for you to become more experienced, and i say go for it! You have this site if you need help. I would love to get another snake at some point, but i struggle to pursuade my mum to get this one, and i also have limited cash, with my only income being a paper round.

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  22:15:18  Show Profile
Its fine to stack vivs, and I reckon you will be fine. They are simular to corns to care for. Have a look on www.thekingsnake.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  23:53:36  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
only thing to bear in mind with stacks is what you're going to use to heat each viv. heatmats are fine in both but it you were wanting to use bulbs it can be a real headache getting all the temperatures sorted, particularly as the lower viv's heatbulb overheats the viv above!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  00:00:50  Show Profile
well i did atually think about that, i thought i would use heat mats as main source of heat but i was wandering would it be worth fitting the lights and using them every now and then or just not bothering and stay with the mats, my way of thinking was i could use 1 light 1 day and the other light the next day or would that be no good to the snake

mat

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  08:59:19  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it might mess with their heads a little............ amongst other things they use the day length to determine what season/time of year it is.
TBH heating wise you're absolutely fine using mats for corns and milks. you could always put in an energy saving bulb in each for viewing or determining the photo-period (daylight length)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  16:43:34  Show Profile
I agree with GP, mats and stats will be fine, and a light bulb for viewing if you want it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000