Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  22:20:15  Show Profile
I want something new now ive had jasper for 3 months now and just got another baby 'mia' there in a faun together and are doing great. but i want a different type any ideas? i do like pythons love there colours and features but they grow waaay to big i want a bit more of a challenge also is there a way of turbo growing your corns coz im bored with there size lol :P

...... also at what age can you breed them :S and does a age gap matter? lol

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  23:38:09  Show Profile
How can you get bored with corns?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

49 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  00:02:39  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Flatpack63

just want them to be bigger lol :D and i luv em lol
Go to Top of Page

Spedz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  00:04:01  Show Profile  Click to see Spedz's MSN Messenger address
Yeah - don't get ahead of yourself.
Don't treat it like a fad. Don't get something because you want a 'challenge'; get experience and know what you need to know.
Why do you want to rush them growing? See them grow, take regular pictures and look back at how much they've grown. Cherish their childhood!
Also, don't rush into breeding - They need to both be at least 3 years old, 300g and 3 foot long.

I wouldn't increase your collection if you get bored of them.. :/

1.1.0 Corn Snake - 'Jasper' & 'Storm'
0.0.1 Curly Hair Tarantula - 'Fluffy'
1.0.0 Border Collie - 'Chance'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - 'Alfie'
0.1.0 Tortoise - 'Lightning'
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - 'Charlie'

RIP Eddie :'(

Edited by - Spedz on 31/05/2009 00:04:37
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  13:48:47  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
i guess tht cause ya see ya snake every day ya dont notice the growth, but no animal should be taken lightly spesh when ya could be owning them for 15-20yrs... if its a 5 min wonder then why bother in the first place..

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  13:54:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by punumbear

i guess tht cause ya see ya snake every day ya dont notice the growth, but no animal should be taken lightly spesh when ya could be owning them for 15-20yrs... if its a 5 min wonder then why bother in the first place..

good point, i was sitting here a while ago thinking not many have got old corns.
I know Matty has, but not sure who else...

i wonder what happens to then when the novelty wears off..

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  13:57:54  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
i think that not many people have got old corns, is because after a year or 2 you would go on this forum less and less because you dont really need the help and advice, and people might only come back if they find a problem with their corn.

The only thing that i dont like about my corn is that it is scared of me, but it has known me for just over a week and its not really suprising.
Also, it is in its small RUB and so i cant get any decent pics of it in its tank, as my camera doesnt like taking pics through the plastic.
Both very small things, and will soon wont matter, as he will get used to me and move into a large viv, and i am looking foward to spending time with him, and watching him grow, and building up a bond with him.

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!

Edited by - muppet9976 on 31/05/2009 14:01:33
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  14:20:19  Show Profile
Get a royal, brilliant snakes

Did you look into the pro's and con's of housing them together? If it was me I would be getting a second set-up before buying another snake.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  16:19:14  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
if you want a challenge then get a royal but before you go out and buy do you research first. they can be fussy. as for them growing fast they do grow quite fast after the first year or so when they can handle larger pray but do not powerfeed its not healthy for them

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  22:56:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by carlos2308

...just got another baby they're in a faun together

hope you're prepared for either one very fat snake one morning, one gravid female too small to pass eggs without it killing her, or a big vets bill!!!

quote:

at what age can you breed them :S and does a age gap matter? lol

rule of 3:
MINIMUM 3 years old, 3 feet long, 300g in weight is the best guideline to use. they are sexually mature at an earlier age BUT, as an example, it's not good for a 13 year old girl to get pregnant just because she can.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Flatpack63

just want them to be bigger lol :D and i luv em lol

why don't you buy an adult then?

quote:
Originally posted by Spedz

I wouldn't increase your collection if you get bored of them.. :/

although this is a VERY good point!!

quote:
Originally posted by muppet9976

i think that not many people have got old corns, is because after a year or 2 you would go on this forum less and less because you dont really need the help and advice, and people might only come back if they find a problem with their corn.

NOT true, i have a 16 year old and 2 8-10 year old corns. a good owner is always striving to improve their knowledge and understanding and is open to new, better ways of doing things. i keep coming on here to help all the damn numpties who would otherwise make their snakes lives miserable............ or even end up killing them through ignorance.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  22:58:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

nah, i wouldn't bother with a royal

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  00:23:09  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
dont see the appeal of royals meself but each ot their own

the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  08:56:17  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i've recently sold mine (on saturday) i've had him for a year, he's been no bother and he was quite sweet but i discovered i wasn't passionate about royals
he's gone to a great home though, somebody from TRP forum

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  16:48:31  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
defo love me lil corn was fascinated by it as soon as the slippery lil bugger arrived will get another for sure, royals mmmm nah... wouldnt pay silly money like they seem to go for

the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  17:45:10  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

nah, i wouldn't bother with a royal

me neither,too fussy...get a king,their out day and night aggressive feeders and the same to keep as a corn but not together
Did'nt know you sold your royal gp,did you post that up or hiding it in shame

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  17:59:04  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Did'nt know you sold your royal gp,did you post that up or hiding it in shame

all done very publicly on TRP, did you not se my advert for Queenie?
Dazzetski is the proud new owner as of saturday afternoon, he's posted some pics of him settling in on TRP

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  19:59:19  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
just read it now,must of seen "royal for sale" and ignored it lol

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  20:16:01  Show Profile
The stereotype of snakes is that all they do is sat there do flick their tounges.
I get that all the time, personally I think its jealousy and if people that say that had a snake, they'd understand thats, bull.

Well snakes aren't boring, for one thing, its like a pet you gotta commit to it. Yeah I admit it, I did some wrong in caring for my snake a while back, but a quick visit and drastic changes were made and things can only get better.
Corns aren't bored if your'e prepared to put the effort, care into them what they require, its quite entertaining if you sit up just as they are coming out for a night roam, can be very entertaining.

It shouldnt just be a short lived phase, right had him for a week, its boring. you bought it, gotta care for it properly. I got my snakes till they die now.

(Yes I bet some of you are thinking im talkin out of my ar*e, I've changed my attitude towards them)

Not a knock, just making a point.

Theyr'e stunners btw mate. Only move up in size and species if you feel yourself you can put up with a royal and its fussy eating manners. Thats why I haven't got one yet

edit:/ Completely agree with GP, Spedz and muppet's point. WS - expect 2 adult corns from me in the next.. 4-5 or so years.

Just follow the advice, given, can count on a lot of people on here

Edited by - hillzi on 01/06/2009 20:20:57
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  12:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address
toally agree with hillzi.... although carlos`s post did annoy me a tad..all my pets are classed as family got em till they die... if its just a novelty thing dont get em in the soddin first place.

the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  20:43:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

just read it now,must of seen "royal for sale" and ignored it lol

yeah i'd ignore it too if i wasn't the OP

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  21:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
If you are bored by corns, definitely don't get a royal- they never come out!!!... and they don't grow any quicker than a corn does anyway.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000