how long
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  18:47:19  Show Profile
heya guys i was just wandering, if i put a pinkie in the feeding tub with takoda how long shall i leave it before i take it out, i dont wanna give the little fella food poisoning

cheers

mat

only the one corn ....... for now ;-)

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  22:53:19  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
take it out, leave takoda for a week by himself, then try a first feed, regardless of when he's due a feed.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  11:19:08  Show Profile
sorry should have updated sooner
i did go to remove the pinkie ut as i put tongs in to get it the greedy litle bugger took it with an amazing strike and a hissing sound, i didnt think he wanted it but well its gone now. it was an amazing thing to watch and we couldnt believe how easy the little blighter got it in his tiny mouth.
he was getting really active before his feed but now i think hes just letting his dinner get down so i will leave him tis week so he can settle in.
also how old or long should it be before i put him into a bigger viv im gonna make a 3 foot one, at the moment hes in a plastic container about 18 inches and hes 3 months old and as a rough guess i would say 12 inches on a full stretch

cheers

mat

only the one corn ....... for now ;-)
Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  12:12:34  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
sounds similar to my size container & viv, i was going to move mine into the larger viv (correct me anybody if you think that i am wrong) when my snake was longer than the length + with of the small RUB. Mine is 13" X 10", so i will wait untill fluffy is around 23" and then move him into the larger viv. perhaps 24" to make it a nice round 2ft. So he would be approx 2/3 the length of his viv

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000