New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  12:19:28  Show Profile
I've been using a piece of Bubblegum for internet security (Norton) as it came with computer.
Its nearly time to change so I'm looking for advice as to a good one to get when the time comes.
Any advice is welcome. (Unless you are going to suggest Norton again!)
Thanks.

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  12:40:13  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
I have zonealarm, and it is very good. I dont know loads about it, as it is my dad that actually bought it and put it on my computer, but i havent had any trouble with it. I think you can download a month long trial version if you wanted aswell.
Here is the link...
http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/promotions/zanox/3/zass_gb.html?cid=W200038&zanpid=1243890893728295937

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  14:17:29  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
AVAST!!!!! go on the avast website and look for the avast home fee edition. i been using it for well over a year and i had no problems what so ever, nortons just a con it gives you messages all the time like "you was attacked by a trojan but dont worry norton has blocked it" but it makes me wonder if its just a conspiracy, i remember before you dont even get a years cover with norton before it expires and they CHARGE you like 50 quid to renew it for another 10 months. paying for anti virus software is a con. i could tell you now that avast home free edition is the best software out there along with AVG for 2nd best. keep the updates up to date and all your windows updates aswell, be careful what e mails you open , delete any suspicious looking ones and youll be fine, like i say we shouldnt have to pay 50quid a year or even anything for our anti virus software

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  14:35:45  Show Profile
AVG! Mates got that crashed his computer up pretty bad...

I'm on Norton, Yes I got the trojan blocked thingy yesterday. LimeWire's fault though

Thinking about the renewing thing though; not sure how long we got left...

heatseeker you got link?

cheers. :D
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  15:07:00  Show Profile
Limewire Hillz ? Tut Tut

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  15:36:23  Show Profile
Yeah man. Torrent Need a download send us an email

Why do you want me to get you some tunes then? aha
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  15:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
If a machine is setup properly, and firewalled correctly, it's not often you'll need decent security software.
I keep this machine updated, and it's not got any anti-virus/security software, aside from good old microsoft stuff. Windows defender does it's job if needed, and using firefox makes a difference as well.
It can also depend on how you connect. If it's a direct connection, then it's likely that you will have problems, but if it's through a decent router or hub, then they can be set to stop and filter out most problems as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  19:42:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

If a machine is setup properly, and firewalled correctly, it's not often you'll need decent security software.
I keep this machine updated, and it's not got any anti-virus/security software, aside from good old microsoft stuff. Windows defender does it's job if needed, and using firefox makes a difference as well.
It can also depend on how you connect. If it's a direct connection, then it's likely that you will have problems, but if it's through a decent router or hub, then they can be set to stop and filter out most problems as well.

Connect via mobile modem (O2) as don't have a home phone.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  22:30:29  Show Profile
eset nod 32

go here

http://www.eset.co.uk/

NEVER had any problems and been using it for a while now...if you get the full suite it includes spyware and firewall..and runs light on your pc,

but, if you do change your anti virus, make sure you have got all bits of nortons off your pc or it will likely screw your pc up as it did to mine once...

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  10:25:29  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
NOD32
<.< >.>

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  17:55:47  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
i noticed aswell all of my freinds and relations that get viruses all are on wireless broadband, im not on wireless broadband lol also i got this programme calledpoopcleaner and it deletes all my cookies in quick succession and i use it every 5 minutes or so when surfing the web

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000