Your First Viv.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  19:24:45  Show Profile
Hiii people, i am just wondering if you would post some pictures of yor vivs, so i can have some idea what my first viv could look like, what ic ould have init & that. Also does anyone know were to get reasonable priced & good vivs from?? If so can you send my the link, so i can have a gander
Also what is recommended to get in your viv, what objects & that??

Thanks Quib

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:04:50  Show Profile
here's my first viv for my baby royal. it's got a strip of blue led lights for the evening but no light for the day time...

led's cost me £10 off ebay but look pretty sweet. i can alter the voltage too so i can make them brigher or dimmer. i know a few others have used them on here :)

0.0.1 - carolina corn snake
0.0.1 - royal python
0.1.0 - honduran milk snake
1.0.0 - mexican black king snake

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:13:13  Show Profile
Looks good :) im thinking of getting quite a high viv, so i can have different levels in the viv, so my corn has different places to go. Do you know if its best to have a lamp or a heat mat, as a source of heat?? i think i will be getting a Patternless Snow Corn or a Anerythristic Corn Snake. Also do u know if you buy a female & male, can you keep them in the same viv throughout there life?? Thanks Quib :)

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:22:30  Show Profile
I wouldnt habit them when young, remember the 3 ft long x 3 years old x 300 grams. if both snakies are over this and find with each other they will be fine.

Not any younger for many reasons;
1) youngsters are known though it is unlikely but can be canabalistic and terroritorial
2 no one wants a young female to get raped as if it were by a huge male
3) no one wants an un-mature snake with eggs she cannot lay inside, spells long painfull death.

I have an anery, very cute black and shiney when youngsters, get a little duller but great snake! they gain impressive yellow.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:26:29  Show Profile
so u dont advise me to buy two youngs & keep them togther?? They got to be a min of 3ft long, or 3 years old or 300 grams in weight?? Also do you know any of the answers to my other questions??? Thanks for your help :) Quib

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:32:28  Show Profile
the 3foot, 3years 300 grams thing is to do with breeding so don't worry about that if you're not going to breed them.

i wouldn't keep them both together when very young but you CAN keep corns together, but i guess as they get older you'll have that chance that they might mate.

not sure if a corn would really benefit from a high viv as i don't think they do alot of climbing. i use a heat mat for both my royal and corn. same goes for my girlfriends milk snake. i think theyre the easiest way to provide heat for your corn.

heatmat needs to be a 3rd of the size of the vivariums floor, and used with a thermostat to control the heat.

0.0.1 - royal python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:38:50  Show Profile
If i got two from young, if i got a female & a male, is there any chance i could stop them from mating for the first 3 years?? I would like two, because eventually i want to start breeding them. What is the recommended size viv for a fully grown corn snake?? And how much would this change if i decided to get two corn snakes?? Thanks :) Quib

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:47:05  Show Profile
i don't think theres anything you could do to stop them getting up to the naughties mate lol. personally i'd keep them seperate. when they're young you can keep them in faunariums or something (like i've done). when they're bigger they need to go into a vivarium relevant to their size. eg - 6ft snake into a 4ft long x 2ft deep viv.

my faun has a couple of fake plants, 2 hides, a water dish and some tubes for my snake to hide in and go through.

some of the more experienced keepers may be able to give you more info mate :)

0.0.1 - royal python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:56:09  Show Profile
lol, i think i might just stick with getting one then, prob best bet, as i dont know much about them anyway. lol. Do you know much about breeding, what they would turn out like if i bred, a anerythristic corn snake & a Amel Cinder corn snake?? Thanks for your help, very appreciated :) Quib

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  20:58:51  Show Profile
ahh i have no idea with genetics haha. there are probably a few people on here that may know :) i did see a link to a site that could tell you what you'd get but i can't remember where it is on this forum.

i would leave the breeding stuff until the snake's actually ready for it anyway. read up on corns and that before buying one then just get the one for now. if you wanted to breed in the future you could always just buy another snake around the same age :)

0.0.1 - royal python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  21:04:56  Show Profile
lol, i think i might just stick with getting one then, prob best bet, as i dont know much about them anyway. lol. Do you know much about breeding, what they would turn out like if i bred, a anerythristic corn snake & a Amel Cinder corn snake?? Thanks for your help, very appreciated :) Quib

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  16:33:11  Show Profile
Does anyone have some more pictures of cool Vivs?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  09:30:48  Show Profile
im posting some pictures of my handmade viv, i made it myself, will be posting them shortly :)

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  09:57:41  Show Profile

MY COMPLETED VIV PIC :)

NOT HAD CHANCE TO TAKE MANY PHOTOS OF MY COMPLETED VIV

MORE WILL BE COMING SOON :)

COMMENTS PLEASE

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  10:01:53  Show Profile
SORRY BOUT FIRST 3 PHOTOS, HERE THEY ARE:

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  11:26:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
looks great,like the split lid.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  11:30:49  Show Profile
havent quite finished it yet, as i have got to varnish the beading the same colour as the actuall viv, but i think ive done a good job :P

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  15:56:21  Show Profile
Looking good!

How big is it, and size of snake thats going in there?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000