NEED ADVICE ON MISSING SNAKE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  21:15:54  Show Profile
I really need some help guys. We have an 18month old cornsnake who has escaped from her tank and we cannot find her anywhere. We are into our third day now and have ripped our house apart. Its like she has vanished. We looked after my sisters jack russell over the weekend and although i know its highly unlikely, does anyone know if a jack russell (who by the way is about 16 yrs old) would or could eat an entire snake without leaving a trace? Does a snake even bleed? I may be just clutching at straws but i really cant think of anything else. She cant just disappear, she is a healthy big girl, you cant miss her. The window of her disappearance was about 3 hours and doors and windows were shut.......does anyone have any advice? We're desperate to find her.

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  21:26:03  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Snakes are absolute masters of squeezing into the tiniest spaces... Try putting flour down around the edges of the room and in doorways. This can give you an idea of what areas she's been. Also try putting down a couple of bottle traps with an approriately sized mouse inside.

Instructions to make bottle traps here - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1759

Sincerely hope she turns up soon. People on this forum have lost snakes for months and they've turned up safely so don't fret too much just yet.

Good luck

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  09:49:54  Show Profile
Budaholic - thank you for your advice, will give it a go. Glad to hear we're not the only ones who have had this, will check out the trap link now and keep my fingers crossed!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  10:15:05  Show Profile
Good Luck!!
Hopefuly snakey turns up soon!
xx

0.0.1 Snow Corn(Jeffrey)
0.1.0 Motley Stripe(Jorgia)
0.1.0 Motley (Storm)
0.2.0 Cats (Lola & Lilli)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  15:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Snakes are great escape artists.

My king was recently found in upstairs flat. One of Kaz's was found INSIDE the washing machine.
They can get anywhere their head can fit.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  15:41:52  Show Profile
2 of my corns got out last night, Annie was on top of the viv stack (6ft up) and Ginge has got herself coiled around the hanging wire on the back of a really big picture on the wall. Remember to look up not just down!!! Also look round your electrical good and these are often nice and warm. Found Romeo of a DVD player when he got out.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Spedz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  16:50:57  Show Profile  Click to see Spedz's MSN Messenger address
Good luck in finding her ^^

Do as bud said, and look high and low.. and hopefully she'll turn up somewhere.
There are also people who lose a corn; only to have it turn up months later :)

1.1.0 Corn Snake - 'Jasper' & 'Storm'
0.0.1 Curly Hair Tarantula - 'Fluffy'
1.0.0 Border Collie - 'Chance'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - 'Alfie'
0.1.0 Tortoise - 'Lightning'
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - 'Charlie'

RIP Eddie :'(
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  17:17:59  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address
Hope you find your snake!!!
Good luck!!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  22:12:04  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for all you advice and best wishes on finding her.....never thought about behind picture frames, guess you learn something new every day eh? Have made the bottle trap, nice plump bait inside......fingers crossed for tonight although not thinking it may be too early as she was fed last Thursday.....will keep you posted xx
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  20:51:24  Show Profile
GOOD NEWS!!!! SALLY IS BACK HOME!!! After the weekend away, came back and found her.....she has spent two weeks inside a stereo speaker (hole in the front) - unbelievable!! So, after a huge drink and good feed, she is tucked safely back up in her warm tank. So happy she is home, cant believe it. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and reassurance - guess this is the end of this thread!! x
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  21:00:38  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Not the end yet! Congratulations........ So pleased for you that she turned up safely.

They do always seem to be found in some of the unlikeliest places!

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  02:24:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Have you used those speakers recently?? If so, then i wouldn't have thought she's have been in there long.
Congrats on finding her.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

89 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  08:45:37  Show Profile
So glad you found your snake, I let Slinky come out last night and she headed straight into my stereo speaker, lucky i had hold of her and managed to keep her out (just). Cant believe how strong she is when shes determined lol. Will have to move speakers now.

1 Hypo Corn - Slinky
1 Leopard Gecko - Leo
1 White Boxer - Floyd
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  10:02:40  Show Profile
Glad you got her back

Go to Top of Page

curragh