New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  19:59:05  Show Profile
The bottom one is an existing shop bought viv where Boycee and Marlene my Dwarf boas live. It's not finished yet still need to put the edging strip on and the stick the other glass in, but the boys have moved in to the middle viv and the girls will be moving in to the penthouse in the next few days.

Romeo, Zak and Spooks new pad

Tother end

I think Spook approves

Spook has been in a Faun on his own since his little adventure a while back but i'm confident he'll be Ok in with the big boys now. We'll be keeping a close eye and he'll be spending the night in his faun till i'm sure there gonna get on OK but they were all curled up together earlier. Very sweet.

Pretty chuffed with how it looks so far - Most of the wood was leftover from previous stack projects except the back from the Ikea freebie bin. The branches are the ones I bleach scrubbed and dried after cutting the hedges in the garden. The glass was £18 all inc and the backing, runners, vents and handles came to about £22. So thats £40 for 2 4ft vivs. (well and a couple of quid on the edgeing tape that i'll be getting tomorrow)

What do you think Peeps?

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  20:39:31  Show Profile
VEry funky, better than the RUBs i use lol

-- I'm here bcoz i'm not all there --

http://www.corn-snakes.org- My Corn Snake Website!!
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  20:41:47  Show Profile
Great viv's Tiz, and great value. The wood in the top one is ace.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  20:48:34  Show Profile
Cheers Guys. The branch does look cool Matty, it's screwed in through the sides of the viv totally off the floor to make for easy cleaning - well until they poop on it anyway then it's gonna be a right pain. I just hope the girls approve when they move in.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  21:08:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
looking good tiz,is the infrared causing any heat problems in the middle viv?

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  21:29:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Not at the moment, I did have my milk snakes viv on top before and we switched his heat mat off as the temp stayed perfect from the heat coming up. I have used a slightly smaller heat mat in the middle viv but i'm guessing if it warms up too much the stat will just cut in a switch that off.

Got loads of moving around to do now though. Once the girls move in to the new viv my little beardie is moving in to their current pad and the Milk in to beardies old viv. Yeah i know it's a lot of farting about but then all reps are in the right size viv and i have a nice 3ft viv spare as a breading/isolation/hospital viv. I'm gonna wait till each animal is settled in before filling their old home just in case something goes pear shaped.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  21:50:38  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i used to do the same before i got my stack,the corns vaun was heated by the i/r in the viv underneath,got a i/r in the top of my stack was just worried that if i put one in the middle viv the top viv would get too hot,dazb is having a nightmare with this at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  22:00:53  Show Profile
Cheers for the heads up Lee - i shall keep very a close eye on the temps, This stack has come in alot cheaper than i was expecting (mainly coz i'm using normal 4mm glass not the 6mm laminated i used last time) so i might even treat myself to some digital thermometers.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  22:49:32  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
got mine from wessex glass,£7 for 2 vivs,bargin.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  22:52:47  Show Profile
Thats where i got mine, i think what you pay depends on who there to be honest and if they have any off cuts hanging about that'll do the job.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  23:44:52  Show Profile
where do u get the runners for the glass when makin your vivs?
x

0.0.1 Snow Corn(Jeffrey)
0.1.0 Motley Stripe(Jorgia)
0.1.0 Motley (Storm)
0.2.0 Cats (Lola & Lilli)
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2009 :  23:51:31  Show Profile
You can get Runners and Vents on eBay for a pretty good price, i used a local place in Bristol (Wessex Glass) but any glass place will cut it for you and smooth down the edges(or some people like to use perspex that you can cut yourself). Yell.com is a good place to start looking for somewhere near you.

Hope that helps.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  21:11:15  Show Profile
Fantastic set up!

I can't wait to upgrade to a proper viv when the little un gets bigger!

Mutt, Mog and mmmm...Snake!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2009 :  23:59:46  Show Profile
looks good, I like the branch idea of screwing them to the sides etc.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  15:06:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Not at the moment,

Spoke too soon, i'm having trouble with temps now the top viv is a little cold and the middle one a is running a wee bit hot. What i dont understand is why my stooooopid snakes dont go down to the cool end when the temp in the hot end gets really warm????

Anyway it's Slowly getting better i just have to keep adjusting the stats. It Should be easier to sort when the digital thermometers just ordered online (£19.02 inc delivery for 7 Bargin)arrive.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000