Eating Help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  09:59:15  Show Profile
My daughters corn snake is about 2 years old and has stopped eating. She reckons it's been nearly 2 months since she fed. Now I know from other posts that snakes can go a long time without eating, but I don't want to sit around doing nothing. Here is a brief history. I moved her viv to a different position and it is now closer to a window, it is also next to a fish tank with an air pump working constantly. Now I read that constant vibration might put them off eating, so this mornings task is to try an find a new home for either the tank or the viv. After I have done that I will brain (YUK!!) a mouse and try again. I will post back he result. In the mean time does anyone have any advice?

Stephen Cowan

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  13:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Hiya, and welcome to the forum.

As you've read there can be many reasons why they may stop eating, but moving to an area where there is a constant steady vibration (air-pump) could have a fairly large impact on feeding.

Have you tried having the air-pump off for a day or 2, then feeding?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  22:22:48  Show Profile
Hi Kehhlyr, thanks for the welcome. I spent the day moving the viv back to where it was originaly it might have been getting to much sunlight also. So it is now in position and Gypsy (the snake) has been out and about a few time since and she seems settled. I brained a mouse and warmed it, put it in the viv and she hasn't even ventured out the hide since then. So we basically have nothing to report ... yet.
I'll be in touch.

Stephen

Stephen Cowan

Edited by - n/a on 19/04/2009 22:23:28
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  19:01:41  Show Profile
OK. Still no joy. I have tried braining a mouse it was also bleeding so it had plenty of scent to get excited about but she completely ignored it. In a shop nearby they sell stuff to put on mice to make them smell even more like mice(?). Don't know if it will do any good, but I think we are going to have to try that next.
I'll post back with any results.

Stephen Cowan
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  22:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Good luck with it.
Do you only have the one snake?
Also do you have any other pets? Might sound like a odd question, but sometimes it can be relevant.
Likewise, she's moved 'house' twice inside a couple of weeks now, so she's gonna be a bit unsettled as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  08:49:59  Show Profile
my old king snake went with out food for 8 months and he was still in realy good nick
the prob with him was, an abscess and he had to have an opp
any way have checked for any lumps on your snake

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000