New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  23:52:29  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Hi guys.......... Alice is extremely active and has been since we got her on Thursday. Only occasionally can she be found coiled up in her hide. She's nearly always exploring, burrowing in the hemp, climbing about in the vines etc. Also today particularly, she seems to be trying to escape.
She'll push her snout against the edges of the glass and at the gap between the 2 panes.

What does this behaviour mean? Or is this perfectly normal?

I'm a bit paranoid to be honest because of what happened with Lila. Especially because I offered a mouse today that she's refused!!! I'm already starting to worry.

I don't want to leave the mouse in the viv all night really. I think I'll leave her a few days and try her again midweek.

I know I'm probably worrying about nothing and she seems in good health and I know she's a good weight. But then I thought that about Lila!!

Bud

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2009 :  00:36:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
She's just being nosy and trying to find ways to escape.
All snakes do this at some point. One of mine spends at least one day a week doing nothing but trying to escape, yet the rest of the time she'll happily just sit in her box coiled up.

How long have you had her now? Snakes can take a while to settle before feeding, others don't.
Usually we'd say wait about 7-10 days after moving into a different viv before trying to feed.

If you're unsure about leaving the food in overnight, put her in a small rub with the food for an hour or so during the day, if she doesn't take it then try again a few days later.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  13:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I agree- still settling in.

She might not eat because you are feeding her differently to what she's used to and the trying to get out is because she's not called her viv 'home' yet. All perfectly normal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  18:50:33  Show Profile
Ziggy spent the 1st 2 days just finding places to escape.

Luckily there are none :P

Mutt, Mog and mmmm...Snake!
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  18:54:55  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Thanks guys........ She really isn't shy. She has perfectly good hides but she usually opts to sit up in the vines or lie on the top of her warm hide in full view. I'm not complaining, she's beautiful and I get to see most of what she gets up to.

Except occasionally I look and all I find is the tip of her nose poking out of the hemp. She loves to burrow too.

I'm thinking about setting up a Vivcam so you lot can see her any time you want.

Go to Top of Page

dkdesire
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  21:05:41  Show Profile
Like a Snake big brother! Awesome idea Todaaayy In the Diaaaarrryyy Rooommm.... Lol
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  21:29:21  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Just bought a wide angle webcam on eBay. Just need to get a cheap pc to use as a webcam server cos I don't want my pc running it 24/7. My bro is bringing an old one round this weekend.

Alices Vivcam will be live soon..........
Go to Top of Page

Spedz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  22:38:54  Show Profile  Click to see Spedz's MSN Messenger address
Haha, that's a great idea! :P
Would be good to see her roaming around ^^

1.1.0 Corn Snake - 'Jasper' & 'Storm'
0.0.1 Curly Hair Tarantula - 'Fluffy'
1.0.0 Border Collie - 'Chance'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - 'Alfie'
0.1.0 Tortoise - 'Lightning'
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - 'Charlie'

RIP Eddie :'(
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2009 :  23:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Budaholic

Just bought a wide angle webcam on eBay. Just need to get a cheap pc to use as a webcam server cos I don't want my pc running it 24/7. My bro is bringing an old one round this weekend.

Alices Vivcam will be live soon..........

Mine isn't on as much now either, should post message on here when it's live really.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000