overweight?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  19:42:37  Show Profile
i weighed noodle today and he is a whopping 1280g. he is 6 or 7 years old. i think he is a tad podgy but im not really sure how much an adult corn should weigh. the person i got him off was feeding him once a week but i have dropped it down to once every two weeks, am i right in doing this?
thanku

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  21:07:51  Show Profile
Depends on his length really. Have you got a pic of him from above?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  21:23:31  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
the god that is Kathy Love says her adult males (which are generally bigger than the females) are around 750g.
my adult male snow is usually around that but has dropped a little after brumating and fasting for breeding.
my OAP male corn was a whopping 1480g when i got him and although he's a hefty 5'6" long he was still overweight. since christmas he's lost about 200g with correct feeding (medium-large mouse fortnightly) and more handling. he's going in his own 4ft viv soon with some branches to climb on so hopefully he'll exercise himself a bit slimmer still!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  21:55:39  Show Profile

best pics i have of him that show all of him

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  22:08:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
on that first pic you can see skin between his scales, he's definitely a porky boy
feeding him fortnightly was a good move, and i'd go for medium rather than large mice. if he's blue or shedding let him skip a feed like he would in the wild.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  00:56:10  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Beefy,nice snake though

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  14:48:01  Show Profile
i have been feeding large mice but will drop down to medium. he/she (not sure what sex it is to be honest lol) is so lovely i dont want him to get poorly because hes overweight (if they do get ill because of it) so i will keep an eye on his weight and make sure he has plenty of exercise

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  10:19:48  Show Profile
my corn is about 5.ft 5, i dont weigh him but he is about 2 inches round at le largest part. the ves said that was about right for a snake his size and we feed him a large/medium mouse 1 a week.

XX-fantasy-girl-XX
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000