More beardie pics (Pic Heavy)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:52:09  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address

They love the sand, it's only just been put in, Aeris digs little holes and Siyo Jina sits on the boat (still) [:)}

I still have a heat mat on the left hand side of the viv, but i've moved the UVB across to the same side as the heat lamp because they were only spending a small amount of time under the UVB end and Aeris started showing signs of MBD.
Since moving the UVB, she's cleared up now.
Perfect example of what could happen if equipment isn't very good.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  18:37:29  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
DONT USE HEATMATS!!! :S sorry
they need heat from above as they have no way of detecing heat from udnerneath so they won't move if they're burning.
So i would highly recommend a 100 watt refelctior bulb in a ceramic holder. simple, cheap (about £3.00 for ceramic hodler and the bulb) and then they can tell if they've overheating.

They need heat from above because their 3d eye is what they use to detect heat and light :) (the little clear dot on hte top of thier head in the middle)

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  18:38:41  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
aaaaannnndd now i feel like an idiot because I ONLY just saw the directional bulb...

Sorry Kehhlyr
Thought it was unusual to have to give you advice :D

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  20:22:49  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
only reason he has mat in there i think is for night time to keep to temp right

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  20:48:16  Show Profile
Lovely beardies! That looks like a big tank, what size is it? I'm hoping to get a 3ft one for just the 1 beardie, do you reckon that is big enough?

0.1.0 Corn Snake Sunglow
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  00:06:31  Show Profile
cool lizards! and it looks like you have about 1000 computer keyboards from the reflections...
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  02:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by PunkAsF82

aaaaannnndd now i feel like an idiot because I ONLY just saw the directional bulb...

Sorry Kehhlyr
Thought it was unusual to have to give you advice :D

When I took the pics, I had to turn the heatlamp off, because I was just getting horrible excessively bright pics, that you couldn't see anything in.
But, IF i did have it wrong, it shows that i can get informed of the correct way to do things as well. Everyone stuffs up sometimes, Except for Kaz.(do I get a 'do not kinger card for that?)

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

only reason he has mat in there i think is for night time to keep to temp right

Yup, you're right, it's set at a nice stable(ish) 22 for night times. Because as the viv is in my conservatory, it could get pretty cold at night. What I had forgotten about sand though is that it's great for holding heat, it takes about 4-5 mins to heat up, then turns off for about an 1/2 hour until it cools down a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by Jono2411

cool lizards! and it looks like you have about 1000 computer keyboards from the reflections...

Well spotted, weirdly i have 3 on my 'desk' at the moment, my trusty old thing and 2 others.
My existing keyboard is getting tired so i've borrowed a couple new ones to see if i like them, but although the new ones are excellent they just don't make the same clicky noise that my existing keyboard does and when I use those, it just doesn't sound right.
You see, i don't care what the keyboard looks/works like, it just HAS to have the right sounding clicks, especially the big one at the bottom that rattles.

quote:
Originally posted by SUSAN L HORSLEY

Lovely beardies! That looks like a big tank, what size is it? I'm hoping to get a 3ft one for just the 1 beardie, do you reckon that is big enough?

The tank is a 4ft, which will probably do them until they get to about 12-18 months.
Depending on how big and how fast they decide to grow.
I wouldn't have said a 3 ft would be big enough for an adult beardie, unless it was 3x2.
They need a bit wider than the average viv really, they end up being lovely fat spikey-looking lizards and like to have a decent bit of space to veg out somewhere

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 02/04/2009 02:52:40
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  22:17:00  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
sweet beardies =] lol i remember damian being that size hehe

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: