Why does this happen??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2009 :  22:22:20  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address

Went for a quick look in a pets at home earlier, just because i was going past and they had the LARGE exo-terra jungles vines on offer. £4.99!!!

A woman i spoke to in there said they were discontinuing that stock, so it was just getting dropped to next to nothing to get rid of it.
Guess who had no money on him, they wouldn't hold any for me either.
Hoping they'll still have some left tomorrow.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  09:53:23  Show Profile
Does pets at home sell incubators?.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  10:08:58  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
pets at home near me dont do any reptile stuff

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  10:39:39  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
the pets at hoime near me are f**king idiots when it comes to the reptile stuff

I went in there looking for a few new things for Cooper viv, the girl asked me what I was looking for, then asked me what he was kept in.

"Oh you don't want a wooden vivarium, they're awful, one of our small exo-terra vivs will suit him his whole life" then proceeded to try and flog me a viv that i wouldn't even keep a leo in!

rediculous

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  10:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Nope, no incubators cornsnake989.
Sometimes it's cheaper to make one.

I've gotta get some more bits, then I'll make a better guide than last years one.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  12:44:10  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
pets at home are ridculosuly over priced aswell, for a bag of rat bedding for my pet rat it is about nearly £4 and all the substrate is made out of is cardboard, so guess what i do now? i tear up all my old cereal and egg boxes into pieces mix that with some shredded newspaper and hey presto, i have bedding much better than care fresh, but back to the topic, pets at home is really about pet rabbits,guinea pigs, rats and other rodents etc, and the odd dog food which is over priced aswell , they have no insight on reptiles at all

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

61 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  14:09:10  Show Profile
I got a exo terra glass terrianium from pets at home for £40 and it should of been £70 because they were discontinuing there reptile ranges from the stores

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  17:18:52  Show Profile
PAH are complete d**ks. I went in there asked if they sold pinkies;

"Sorry mate, going to have to ask my manager as I am unaware of what they are - is it a dog toy?"

I walked out of the shop lol.

Squires garden centres have great reptile bits and snakes. but the snakes are ridiculously overpriced.
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  19:07:14  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
*Coughs* <.< >.>
We don't deal with snakes so the majority of staff wouldn't have any idea what a pinkie is.
We have no insight on reptiles because they are new and being brought into the stores slowly. Theres alot to learn and unfortunantly some people are stupider then others. I can't defend many stores however, some are full of idiots.
We will NEVER stock snakes but there are plans to sell tortoises, leopard geckos and bearded dragons. No staff member is allowed to sell these animals without having passed exams. Hell we can't even sell a hamster without passing two of them.

Not all the stores are bad honest! ^^ Pop down to Plymouth ;)

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2009 :  21:32:46  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
the pah where i live is ok. i argee with it being overprised tho it costs me nearly 14 quid for rat bedding and a tenner for rat food >_< luckly rats hmm

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2009 :  23:13:53  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
ive seen a few pah that sell tortoises already

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  11:53:00  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Yeah, they are planning on selling tortoises, bearded dragons and leopard geckos along with a range of chicken coops, feed and accessories :}

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000