Insurance
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  09:57:07  Show Profile
Im just wondering if any of you have pet insurance for your snakes and other exotic pets, im thinking of insuring mine as you never know whats around the corner.

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  10:09:08  Show Profile
Ive never bothered, but I supose it makes sense. Having said that, I cant think of something happening to any of mine that would require any particualy expensive treatment.

If you have the cash and are worried, then I would go for it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  10:13:02  Show Profile
its more for hubbys chamelion really, im just having trouble finding an insurane company that do it for the exotics, ill just have to keep searching lol

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  13:10:08  Show Profile
plently of them
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=exotic+pet+insurance&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

click that link its a search in google for exotic pet insurance

hth
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  13:22:51  Show Profile
thankyou

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  13:26:36  Show Profile
no problem ;)
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  14:14:44  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
i heard pet insurance is a big con anyway, coz they make you pay the vet bills out of your own pocket and then pay you like 6 months later, and apparantley they only pay a maximum of 600 pounds, if a vet bill is more than that they wont help at all. this is wht i have heard. what your better off doing is sticking money away in a jar each week and not breaking into it, so when a vet bill comes you got your own litle piggy bank inurance lol but nah pet insurance is for cats and dogs mostly anyway, never heard of any other animal

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2009 :  22:56:53  Show Profile
Exotic direct is the one I looked at iirc, but to be honest the piggy bank idea sounds like a better way to me.

Insurance companies always make things more long winded and difficult, just having the cash would be an easier option.

I think people with thousands of pounds invested in their collection would benefit from the insurance though. Imagine having something happen to a rare morph of Royal, could be costly to a breeder.

Be interesting to hear if Reptile-Ink has insurance if he's out there somewhere? lol.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000