got my corn!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  23:32:55  Show Profile
hi all thanks for the great welcome i got my corn today amel corn [think thats right] bout a foot long, hes late 2008 hatchling gorgous orange colour guy said he about to shed so looking forward to that. just wanted to run a few things by you all about my set up any suggestions very welcome 18" platic tank heat pad on outside underneath tank aspen snake bedding two hides one either end ceramic water bowl and some moss to keep up the humidity begins with "AS" hopefully thats all right if anyone thinks i need to do anymore then please let me know thanks

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  03:55:43  Show Profile
I think you will only need humidity when it's shedding (as it is now) but it won't need it once it's shed. I think too much moisture in the air causes skin problems. Make sure your matt covers 1/3 of under the tub only. Apart from that it sounds ok, have you got a thermostat to control the temp and a thermometer either end of the enclosure to record the hottest and coldest temps?
also, add some pics

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  06:02:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yep, as above, probably the 2 most important things are thermostats and digital thermometers.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  20:17:35  Show Profile
although i got my corn "TANGO" yesterday he seems very quiet today he has more or less spent all his time in one place i know the bloke said he was about to shed cos he gone a dull colour but should they be so quiet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000