Havent seen him eat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  15:04:05  Show Profile
Hey guys i got a Leopard Gecko last Monday and im abit worried since he hasnt ate. I know some take time to get adjusted but as far as i knew that was only a couple of days. Ive tried crickets and mealworms but no luck.. any advice?

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  20:37:37  Show Profile
One of the trio of leo's I brought does not eat any live food at all.... I do put mealies in a bowl in viv with them, but also a bowl of dried mealies, as previous owner fed these as a 'snack'. I've had them over a month now, and she does not appear to be losing weight, tail still nice and fat etc., so try putting in dried mealies... also make sure you leave some calcium dust in the viv for them to lick whenever they want any....

Yours may just be settling in, my other female did not eat for over 8 days, but my male ate on the second day....

Hope it goes ok... J

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  21:34:11  Show Profile
Well sayin that like 3days ago i found poop in the tank and impresuming if they dont eat they dont poop, so he must ofate 1 or 2 but apart from that.. i just tried him with a mealworm and he didnt take it. he was watching them and gettin ready to bounce but didnt do it.. im just paranoid but the guy in the reptile shop told me they can take upto a week before they get settled in..

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  19:30:20  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
the only prob is when i got my little babies, they were pooping everyday, but i know for a fact that niether of them ate for 2 weeks, hense why i had to give them away. didnt know hat to do with them :( silly me

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: