URGENT advice needed ASAP
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  22:15:30  Show Profile
Hi there, I'm new here and am desperate for help!!

Approximately 2 weeks ago my sister moved down south and took her corn snake + tank with her. When she arrived, she found the snake to be missing. She took the car to a garage and had it taken apart and mini cameras put inside all the vents, but no luck. She gutted her new house to make sure the snake hadn’t found her way into bags of clothing in the car but again, no luck. We know 100% that the snake was in the tank when it was put in the car as my sister took her out to show her friend, then put her back in.
Anyway, today we received a phone call from the RSPCA (we reported the snake missing) to say that a man three quarters of a mile away has seen an orange corn snake in his garden and it might be ours. If this is the case, she must have escaped as soon as my sister put her back in the tank as the car doors were left open while she loaded the car with the rest of her belongings. We have been around to the man’s house and the snake is under his shed. We were unable to see it, so still aren't certain it's ours. Do you think it's likely to be? To get there, she would have had to slither down our estate, through woodland and onto the next estate. I thought that with the weather being as cold as it is that she wouldn’t have wanted to move very much??
She'll be very hungry by now. She was being fed fuzzy mice. Are there any alternatives that she could have eaten in 'the wild'?
Most importantly, do you have any idea how we can catch her? I've read about putting food in a 2litre bottle to temp her in and she'd be trapped as she'd be too big to get out. Would that work? The owner of the shed wants to dismantle it asap.
Any advice you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated.
Many thanks.

Louise. :(

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  22:20:19  Show Profile
There Is a possibility that the snake is yours, and that it could have eaten in the wild. If the owner of the shed is keen to take it down can he not take it down carefully and retreive the snake?

Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  22:26:49  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address
Hm, yeah..I'd think it'd be best to carefully dismantle the shed.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  13:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Depending on how big and sturdy the shed is, you could support it, and tilt the whole thing as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  21:05:33  Show Profile
Perhaps the offer of a free hand to dismantle the shed might persuade a gentle approach to dismantling it

Lathers

1.0.0 Tom a 10 month old Flourescent orange Corn 29 inches and growing fast

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000