Looking at possibilty of another snake
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  18:10:51  Show Profile
Hi I have currently got a cornsnake. whom is doing really well and had him for about 18months. His my little babe. However I am thinking about getting another snake. One that is tame or p[ossibilty of becoming tame with regular handling. Any sugestions or advice with be appreciated. Thank you

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  20:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
What size is your corn? have you thought about a diferent sex/morph of corn?

It may just be me, but i think snows grow bigger and fatter than carolinas for example.

If not, Burmese. I have a cat that needs a new home.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 13/02/2009 20:30:16
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  22:48:51  Show Profile
Im suprised you've managed to keep it at one snake for 18 months

Royals are great snakes. They have alot of character and are easy to care for but they can be fussy with their food. This makes them a common 2nd snake. www.theroyalpython.co.uk

Kings and milks are simular to corns in shape and size and come in alot of morphs, there are alot alot of subspecies. They have a reputation for being a bit nippy but alot of people think its undeserved. www.thekingnsnake.co.uk

Edited by - matty18714 on 13/02/2009 22:49:42
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2009 :  09:02:14  Show Profile
i plan on getting either a mexican black kingsnake or a sinaloan milk snake... maybr you should think along a similar vein...
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2009 :  10:37:09  Show Profile
I think any snake can be mellowed out with enough effort, my Sinaloan in megga chilled and wonderful to handle and generally a really easy snake to keep, my Dwarf Boas are amazing but alot more effort (and poo) I guess you have to think about how much space and time you want to dedicate to it and then work round that.

If you specifically want a snake thats already easy to handle then it's worth concidering buying an adult corn/milk/king? Sometimes people have to get rid really nice snakes for genuine reasons (or just because they lose interest) and i've found when you buy privetly the snake has generlly had more one on one interaction than you get from a shop or breader. (A good time to look is in the summer when poeple are heading off to uni, thats how i got my snow)

If you are interested in rehoming it's worth telling the lovely people of the forum what part of the UK your in so if we see anyting local to you we can give you a nudge.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000