Escapee
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

55 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  22:15:49  Show Profile
So when i bought Saphy i did a little reading, while on my reading travels i noted a comment saying

"If a corn can get its head through a gap it can get its body through"

So when i picked my viv up I saw that the gap between the 2 glass panels was quite a large opening, so ever since Iv had her iv wedged paper in and taped the the wedge up.

So for a little experiment while Saphy was roaming about and I knew i wouldn't be moving from my comp, I removed the wedges and tape to see how she would react, and low and behold she went straight for it.

Here are the results and if anyone else has this set up a little heads up

nick

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  22:19:26  Show Profile
The Little cow lol. We have a piece of paper wedged in the gap too, so glad we do now. I cant believe she can fit thru such a tiny gap. Does make very good photo's thou.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

538 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  22:23:25  Show Profile
i used a strip of double sided tape (obviously with one side used) as its thick and spungy

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  07:48:56  Show Profile
Whoa

Lucky you realised!
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  07:53:41  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
a little houdini

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  08:38:32  Show Profile
you have got to love them bless, what antilagman uses sounds good we used in the past the stuff they use to keep glass apart when you buy it in sheets basicly the same

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  09:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Snakes can get out of anything- beware! Never under-estimate their ability to squeeze out, climb or hide.

My Jally teleported through glass mi'thinks

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  14:39:54  Show Profile
I use a draught excluder on mine, the type that is used for doors. Its furry on one side and sticky on the other and i stick a piece to the edge of each glass, i`ll try and get some pics on for you when i get time. Doesn`t stop teleportation though.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

55 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  17:19:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jac_mac

Whoa

Lucky you realised!

If you read my post, i did it as an experiment, I usually wedge paper in and then sellotape it, we use foam in the tool kits at work to mark out the tool positions so we don't lose any (I work on aircraft) so il make a wedge out of that as something more permanant

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  17:20:26  Show Profile
Oh yeah lol..my bad
Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  18:07:39  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
haha love it, she's got you sussed out nipnosis!

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  19:40:28  Show Profile
Henry seems to be very timid and normally if i slide the glass open she wont leave the viv, instead, she will flinch and shift her head backwards a few inches. When i got in earlier this evening i decided to open the door again. She was very active at the time and she was very clode to the glass when i opened in slightly. Over the course of half an hour she slowly poked her head out to have a sneeky peek around. When she had around 10 inches of her neck out of the door and just decided to go for it. She spent around 10 mins on my bedroom floor before i put her back in. Im hoping she is becoming less shy and more adventurous!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  03:53:03  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
They do that sometimes, although, keep a CLOSE eye on them anyway.
Mine bolt and hide sometimes even when i blink!

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

86 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2008 :  21:06:16  Show Profile
wow talk about escape artist

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2008 :  14:40:11  Show Profile
hi, im new to the corn snake forum, having only had my amel corn 4 weeks. twice max has escaped, right little houdini, didnt miss a trick when id not put the lid back on properly on the petpal he/she came home from the shop in, was found wrapped round pipes in kitchen, second time was on rehousing found hole in top within seconds, i was watching and soon had the escapee back safe
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2008 :  19:59:44  Show Profile
This happend to us got my snow on saterday cost 130€ and sunday morning packed its bags and f=== off !!!! gutted!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  09:53:57  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Don't worry, he still might turn up. Our little corn went on an adventure for 6 weeks and we still found her.

I've also heard stories of some people finding their snakes up to 2 years afterwards (and I'm talking of big boas and pythons here, so you'd think they'd be big enough to spot before then).

Keep the faith!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000